Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 513

Thread: LADIES- Japanese Nationals (Senior)

  1. #76
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    57
    My Nana
    5 Nana Takeda 54.54 29.74 24.80 0.00 #12

    3Toe +2Toe、3Lo almost fell , 2A

    She could've done better, considering she 3 Loop is usually awarded a +GOE

  2. #77
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    But wouldn't that mean that the whole combo would not count since you are not allowed to do a double Axel as the combonation? I guess it is possible, the Natioanls bonus could have helped the score. I don't know what to think.
    3A< and 2A are not quite deemed as identical elements in SP.

  3. #78
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    But wouldn't that mean that the whole combo would not count since you are not allowed to do a double Axel as the combonation? I guess it is possible, the Natioanls bonus could have helped the score. I don't know what to think.
    No because it was a clear triple axel attempt. In Russia she popped her triple axel into a double axel.

  4. #79
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesOfLove View Post
    3A< and 2A are not quite deemed as identical elements in SP.
    Okay. Thanks. It sees likely that it was a downgrade then. This is sad. Mak is no more sucessful at fully rotating the 3 Axel than her 3/3's. She might as well put the 3 flip/3 loop back in. She bet it all on landing this darn jump and now when she does she does not get credit for it. Poor Mao.

  5. #80
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by szidon View Post
    Really?



    If so, hope she was not be offended by my post!

    It's okay!

    Skatemom and ks777, thanks for backing me up!

  6. #81
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,144
    Probably her 3axel was downgraded. It makes much more sense. The judges gave her +1 and +2 even though it was downgraded.

  7. #82
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Okay. Thanks. It sees likely that it was a downgrade then. This is sad. Mak is no more sucessful at fully rotating the 3 Axel than her 3/3's. She might as well put the 3 flip/3 loop back in. She bet it all on landing this darn jump and now when she does she does not get credit for it. Poor Mao.

    I don't think Mao can do 3/3s anymore.. I saw her do a 3t/3t in practice a few days ago on youtube and it was badly underrotated..

  8. #83
    mylastduchess
    Guest
    I really don't see how Mao can reach a 69+ with only 1 triple. Its probably her 2T or she didn't get credit for something...

  9. #84
    Medalist coconutpunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fog Central.
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    I really don't see how Mao can reach a 69+ with only 1 triple. Its probably her 2T or she didn't get credit for something...
    Fumie did go over 31 on the tech scores without a combo and a fall on the 3lutz. I'm going to go with the underrotated 3A theory for now.

  10. #85
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    211
    i dont think that means she cant do 3/3 anymore, i mean the original plan for this was 2 3A and a 3F-3L, but i DO think we may not see a 3/3, not this season

    Probaly this obsession comes because she wants to be the first female to land a 3A in the short and 2 3A in the long at the olympics(Midori almost did so...)

  11. #86
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    57

  12. #87
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    i dont think that means she cant do 3/3 anymore, i mean the original plan for this was 2 3A and a 3F-3L, but i DO think we may not see a 3/3, not this season

    Probaly this obsession comes because she wants to be the first female to land a 3A in the short and 2 3A in the long at the olympics(Midori almost did so...)
    Have you seen her attempt on a 3/3 combo lately? She is not even close to get her jumps ratified.. Her solo 3 loop isn't as solid anymore either...
    No I don't think she was planning a 3fli/3loop in SP nor in LP.

  13. #88
    Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    I really don't see how Mao can reach a 69+ with only 1 triple. Its probably her 2T or she didn't get credit for something...
    It's not difficult to understand. At the WTT earlier this year, Mao got 44.4 on her TES, that was with a 3a/2t that didn't get downgraded. Here, she got 36.84, a loss of about 8 points. The total point value of a 3a/2t? 9.5. If it was just her 2toe that got downgraded, Mao would've scored 70+.

  14. #89
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    57
    Warm-up... Group 3

    13 Kanako MURAKAMI Grand Prix Tokai Club
    14 Satsuki MURAMOTO KANSAI UNIV SKATING CLUB
    15 Eri SETO KANSAI UNIV SKATING CLUB
    16 Akiko SUZUKI Howa sports landSkateclub
    17 Shoko ISHIKAWA Meiji Univ
    18 Yukari NAKANO Prince Hotel

    Another highlight of the day... Akiko and Yukari!

    "Akiko landed beautiful 3lo
    Yukari landed 3lz2t
    Kanako fell on something then landed something (sorry was not watching) "

  15. #90
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    can't find the atmosphere of Masquerade in her costume

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •