As a Skater, Does MK have any flaws? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

As a Skater, Does MK have any flaws?

Excidra2001

On the Ice
I hope nobody took my above post serious. If I usually insert smiles and those sorting of things in message, i'm often joking. I know Michelle and all other skater have flaws and usually you will see me highlight their flaws if I was asked the question.

IDLERACER

Medalist
For the record, I happen to think Viktoria Volchkova is perfect. The only thing about her that needs a little work is her skating.

BA-DA-BOOM!

Registered, I did not mean to imply that Michelle invented that particular layback position. I’ll bet thousands of skaters at various levels did it long before either Michelle or Tonya were born, but in any case I do know that Michelle was a big admirer of Tonya in the early nineties. That was just an example of Dick Button criticizing Michelle about something, as he criticizes all skaters on particular elements from time to time, even his favorites.

BTW, I think it took Dick a few performances to notice that Michelle was spinning with her leg in a lower position on purpose, rather than because she couldn’t get it up any higher. He made a big deal of it in the 1999 National Championships, where it was clear that Michelle was trying something different, yet Dick ragged on and on about what a bad “classical layback position” she had.

Of course last year there was very little to criticize in Michelle’s skating. As there is little to criticize Sasha about so far this year.

And now in the spirit of Idleracer’s post: Poll: Who has the most laughing eyes, Yuka Sato or Ekaterina Gordeeva?

Mathman

registered

On the Ice
Mathman said:

And now in the spirit of Idleracer’s post: Poll: Who has the most laughing eyes, Yuka Sato or Ekaterina Gordeeva?

Mathman

Naomi Nari Nam has the sweetest smile ever!:)

Kasey

Medalist
Sorry. I love Michelle's skating too, but I'm not a fan of her layback. I think all her other spins are great, and the rest of the skating is usually pretty amazing. But I don't like her version of a layback. I don't think it's up to the quality of the rest of her skating.

Kasey