Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Entries

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    Where is Slovakia's Ivana Reitmeyerova? She was very promising last year especially in worlds. Even though she is young, she had very beautiful body language and artistic touch for skating. If she continues her developing she'll be fantastic in few years!
    I didn't even notice she wasn't listed until you pointed that count - she just won her national title with a score of 122.70... and has already qualified her country a berth at the Olympics which one would assume would be filled by her. Quite interestingly, I don't think this a matter of her not being 'good enough', this is something completely different altogether: Slovakian champions in men, pairs and dance Reitmayer, Cermanova and Hanulak and Visnova and Csolley are all not competing either - no one from Slovakia is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    I didn't even notice she wasn't listed until you pointed that count - she just won her national title with a score of 122.70... and has already qualified her country a berth at the Olympics which one would assume would be filled by her. Quite interestingly, I don't think this a matter of her not being 'good enough', this is something completely different altogether: Slovakian champions in men, pairs and dance Reitmayer, Cermanova and Hanulak and Visnova and Csolley are all not competing either - no one from Slovakia is.
    I think slovakian will be added at the next update, there was the same thing with the bulgarian team last year, who were finally all in Helsinki

Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    I think slovakian will be added at the next update, there was the same thing with the bulgarian team last year, who were finally all in Helsinki
    Well, that's some good news... maybe they have to pass a last minute test or something? Who knows?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    Well, that's some good news... maybe they have to pass a last minute test or something? Who knows?
    With our federation you never know. But I don't think there are any more tests needed, the team should be Reitmayerova, Reitmayer, Cermakova & Hanulak - pairs and Visnova & Csolley - ice dance. Maybe they just did not send the entries on time.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post

Dance:

What happened with Copely/Stagniunas, have they split?? if so is a big shame cause we wont have a full field at the olympics and they had good potential.
    No, they didn't split. They have to miss European Championships due to Copely's injury. I don't know what kind of injury it is but the head of Lithuanian Skating Federation stated that it is a svere injury and she might not heal until March. So, it's not clear if they are going to participate in Worlds. :( It's really a pitty. They have been so unlucky this season. I wish them a speedy recovery and I hope that they continue to skate no matter what obstacles they come across in their way. They are still young and they have another oppurtunity to participate in Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugnele View Post
    No, they didn't split. They have to miss European Championships due to Copely's injury. I don't know what kind of injury it is but the head of Lithuanian Skating Federation stated that it is a svere injury and she might not heal until March. So, it's not clear if they are going to participate in Worlds. :( It's really a pitty. They have been so unlucky this season. I wish them a speedy recovery and I hope that they continue to skate no matter what obstacles they come across in their way. They are still young and they have another oppurtunity to participate in Olympics.
    I read that Copely's request for citizenship was rejected by Lithuanian president before their withdrawal from Skate Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    I read that Copely's request for citizenship was rejected by Lithuanian president before their withdrawal from Skate Canada...
    There is a whole blurb about it on http://www.bladesonice.com.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    The president rejected her request for citizenship because she failed one of the criteria. She wasn't enough integrated into Lithuanian society.

As the head of Lithuanian Skating Federation stated she got injured in November before Skate Canada and she is still not allowed to skate.

Custom Title
    The Slovakian Entries are added now

Men: Peter Reitmayer (S: Jakub Strobl)

Ladies: Ivana Reitmayerova (S: Alexandra Kunova)

Pairs: Gabriela Cermanova/ Martin Hanulak

Dance: Nikola Visnova/ Lukas Csolley
    Last edited by MagicFairy; 01-04-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFairy View Post
    The Slovakian Entries are added now

Men: Peter Reitmayer (S: Jakub Strobl)

Ladies: Ivana Reitmayerova (S: Alexandra Kunova)

Pairs: Gabriela Cermanova/ Martin Hanulak

Dance: Nikola Visnova/ Lukas Csolley
    Awesome! Hopefully Ivana has a good competition. She was very impressive at Worlds last year and I hope she does well.

Any word on wheather the Azerbaijin Federation got it together to put Fedor Andreev in as an entry for the Euros? Back at Nelbelhorn, Fedor mentioned that he was going to try to compete at Euros and Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    Any word on wheather the Azerbaijin Federation got it together to put Fedor Andreev in as an entry for the Euros? Back at Nelbelhorn, Fedor mentioned that he was going to try to compete at Euros and Worlds.
    Disappointingly, Fedor is not on the list of entries and I'm pretty sure it's going to stay that way... I don't know if he's still going to try for Worlds or not. They are listing former American skater Joelle Forte as an entry but it still says 'to be confirmed' by her name so no word if she will be representing Azerbaijan here either.

Custom Title
    I hope it goes well for Joelle Forte and all other skaters that are listed with TBC

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFairy View Post
    I hope it goes well for Joelle Forte and all other skaters that are listed with TBC
    Isn't Joelle Forte from the US?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Isn't Joelle Forte from the US?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast