Thread: Irina Slutskaya's triple-triple combinations

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

Irina Slutskaya's triple-triple combinations

I've done video with all Irina's triple-triple combination I have found and I didn't know where to post it because I haven't found Irina's thread so I made new thread for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZN6WGPAhHI

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for posting the video, and welcome to the forum!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Out of all those 3Sal-3Loop(2Toe) combinations she did her whole career, only 4 would be ratified under CoP (maybe 5, depending on the caller at 1998 Worlds) .

Her only 3Lutz-3Loop that would be ratified is the one she did at 2005 Worlds.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Out of all those 3Sal-3Loop(2Toe) combinations she did her whole career, only 4 would be ratified under CoP (maybe 5, depending on the caller at 1998 Worlds) .

Can you list all those 4 combination? And in case of 3Lutz-3Loop, what about that one from Russian Nats 2000-2001? I thought it wasn't underrotated but maybe two-footed, though.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I'll just repost (with slight editing) what I wrote on a certain other forum:

Well, under CoP that wouldn't have happened, because after being slammed for UR a few times she'd rework the programs to not take such huge risks (who cares if no lady had ever tried a 3-lutz-3-lopop before, if the technical caller says it's an inch short it's a very bad double, period). That'll teach her to try to innovate.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    Can you list all those 4 combination? And in case of 3Lutz-3Loop, what about that one from Russian Nats 2000-2001? I thought it wasn't underrotated but maybe two-footed, though.
    1997 Worlds, 1999-2000 season GPF, 2004 Cup of Russia, 2005 Cup of Russia.

The 3Lutz-3Loop at that Nationals was landed on one foot, but the rotation was short - that's what causes her leg to swing around and some ice to spray on the landing.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    That'll teach her to try to innovate.