Thread: Irina Slutskaya's triple-triple combinations

Custom Title

Irina Slutskaya's triple-triple combinations

I've done video with all Irina's triple-triple combination I have found and I didn't know where to post it because I haven't found Irina's thread so I made new thread for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZN6WGPAhHI

Thanks for posting the video, and welcome to the forum!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Out of all those 3Sal-3Loop(2Toe) combinations she did her whole career, only 4 would be ratified under CoP (maybe 5, depending on the caller at 1998 Worlds) .

Her only 3Lutz-3Loop that would be ratified is the one she did at 2005 Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Out of all those 3Sal-3Loop(2Toe) combinations she did her whole career, only 4 would be ratified under CoP (maybe 5, depending on the caller at 1998 Worlds) .

Can you list all those 4 combination? And in case of 3Lutz-3Loop, what about that one from Russian Nats 2000-2001? I thought it wasn't underrotated but maybe two-footed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I'll just repost (with slight editing) what I wrote on a certain other forum:

Well, under CoP that wouldn't have happened, because after being slammed for UR a few times she'd rework the programs to not take such huge risks (who cares if no lady had ever tried a 3-lutz-3-lopop before, if the technical caller says it's an inch short it's a very bad double, period). That'll teach her to try to innovate.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    Can you list all those 4 combination? And in case of 3Lutz-3Loop, what about that one from Russian Nats 2000-2001? I thought it wasn't underrotated but maybe two-footed, though.
    1997 Worlds, 1999-2000 season GPF, 2004 Cup of Russia, 2005 Cup of Russia.

The 3Lutz-3Loop at that Nationals was landed on one foot, but the rotation was short - that's what causes her leg to swing around and some ice to spray on the landing.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    That'll teach her to try to innovate.