Votes: 68 28.9%
  • Asia

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • other continents. sorry~

Votes: 12 5.1%

• Total voters

Basics

On the Ice
I always wanted to do this survey, and I am finally doing.

Ok, here we go~

yeah, it's good idea. If you belong to Europe, Asia, or other continents, can you specify where you are from?

Last edited:

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Europe is not a country, it's a continent :biggrin: You made German, France, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Great Britain, Spain, Austria, Hungary, Croatia etc. to the same country ;) Nice poll anyway!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Europe is not a country, it's a continent :biggrin: You made German, France, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Great Britain, Spain, Austria, Hungary, Croatia etc. to the same country ;) Nice poll anyway!

Asia is also a continent. You can do 10 options, right? Why don't make China one and then three other nations. For example France, Italy or whatever you like. The last option can be others. Just a suggestion. I agree it is a nice poll :yes:

Basics

On the Ice

I know that~ duh~ LOL:laugh: well, I tried to make it fair and this is the best I came up with. I honestly didn't think GSF has this many European users. well, it's not a big deal, right? :agree: so have fun with it! ;)

Last edited:

Basics

On the Ice
Asia is also a continent. You can do 10 options, right? Why don't make China one and then three other nations. For example France, Italy or whatever you like. The last option can be others. Just a suggestion. I agree it is a nice poll :yes:

come on guys~ don't try to make me look like a dummy. lol :sheesh: really? China? hm, I don't think we have many Chinese users here in Golden. maybe I'm wrong. well, I don't know how to change the setting so it's too late. sorry~ :laugh:

Last edited:

Basics

On the Ice
Come on, guys! almost 400 views, but only 36 votes? :disapp:

Don't be shy ;), participate in my poll! :rock::agree::cool:

Last edited:

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I know that~ duh~ LOL:laugh: well, I tried to make it fair and this is the best I came up with. I honestly didn't think GSF has this many European users. well, it's not a big deal, right? :agree: so have fun with it! ;)

and european users are leading the poll :p (i'm joking, obviously! and i'm european!)
BTW, great idea this poll!!:agree:

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice

I'm really enjoying this forum! Nice to read good writings and opinions about figure skating all over the world when none of my friends truly understand nothing of this sport! (Except something like "Kiira is beautiful and Laura won something---what was that, I can't remember" :banging:)

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
In the country/continent debate, it seems as though the poll is more about which figure skating pole people are from.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
come on guys~ don't try to make me look like a dummy. lol :sheesh: really? China? hm, I don't think we have many Chinese users here in Golden. maybe I'm wrong. well, I don't know how to change the setting so it's too late. sorry~ :laugh:

Well, Beijing is not in Canada. :biggrin:

Bennett

Record Breaker
I'm surprised that there are so many Europeans! I have kind of assumed that this is a US dominant forum. Thanks for creating a fun poll. I like it!

Basics

On the Ice
No Russians yet voted? very surprising!

Also, I thought this is American & Japanese dominant forum, but it's interesting to see many other European users as well. :clap:

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
come on guys~ don't try to make me look like a dummy. lol :sheesh:

No, no not at all :) Strange though with more than 700 views and 55 "votes". What's the problem guys all over the world?

No Russians yet voted? very surprising!
:

Maybe they see themselves as Europeans :p

Also, I thought this is American & Japanese dominant forum, but it's interesting to see many other European users as well. :clap:
Geographically I live in a country in Europe, but I would never define myself as a "European". Well the, another vote from the country Europe :laugh:

Basics

On the Ice
Geographically I live in a country in Europe, but I would never define myself as a "European".

Why is that? :think: Is it kind of unmannered thing to call Europe-based person "European"? I guess you rather want to be called like "Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian"? :)

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Why is that? :think: Is it kind of unmannered thing to call Europe-based person "European"? I guess you rather want to be called like "Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian"? :)

Snowflake's a Brit maybe? I don't know of any Brit that likes to be called "European." :laugh:

Where are you from, BigSis? I see you are posting from Beijing, but your total command of idiomatic American English makes me think you are from the U.S. ?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Why is that? :think: Is it kind of unmannered thing to call Europe-based person "European"?

It is not unmannered, but it is generalizing. People in Europe have different cultures, history, languages, climates, food, favorite sports, interests etc. And there are historical, recent and current conflicts between the nations.

I guess you rather want to be called like "Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian"? :)

Right :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
everytime ANYONE views this thread the count goes up, that means someone who voted/created/replied on this thread gets counted more than once

and I'm in the US... in the largest state (you can put Texas in it three times and there'd still be room for more!) of ALASKA! :biggrin: