Caroline Zhang

Realistically,

Rachael Flatt
    Ashley Wagner
    Mirai Nagasu
    Alissa Cziny

(Sasha withdraws)

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Offering the benefit of the doubt as I think is only fair, I am making my top ten predictions based on a full field of 24 skaters:

1. Sasha Cohen
    2. Rachael Flatt
    3. Alissa Czisny
    4. Ashley Wagner
    5. Mirai Nagasu
    6. Beatrisa Liang
    7. Christina Gao
    8. Caroline Zhang
    9. Emily Hughes
    10. Melissa Bulanhagui

Custom Title
    This is a toughie but I'll play along. My prediction for the Top Ten is they'll end up as follows, but in each group, the positions could switch around.

#1-3: Flatt, Wagner, Czisny
    #4-6: Nagasu, Zhang, Gilles
    #7-10: Gao, Maxwell, Hughes, Diggs

I don't think Cohen will show up, but if she does, I'd stick her somewhere in the #4-6 group, with Gilles likely moving down a notch, and Hughes or Diggs dropping out of the top 10.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 01-03-2010 at 04:22 AM.

TOP 10:

Sasha Cohen will withdraw.

1. Rachael Flatt (finally!)
    2. Ashley Wagner
    3. Alissa Czisny
    4. Mirai Nagasu
    5. Caroline Zhang
    6. Alexe Gilles
    7. Christina Gao
    8. Angela Maxwell
    9. Emily Hughes
    10. Becky Bereswill

Custom Title
    I just hope Sasha will show up and skate to her best, then no matter where she ends up with, I'll respect her a lot as a fighter.

I like all the ladies equally, so I just want to see a great competition and may the best two get ticket to Vancouver.

it's hard to say...

This one's hard to call because I don't even know if Sasha's showing up, and no idea how she'll figure into the mix if she is there (since I haven't seen her skate competitively in a long while).

I think if she's not there, Rachael and Alissa, or Rachael and Ashley will get the two spots. I think Rachael's probably a sure bet, anyway. Ashley is rather inexperienced being a top dog, so it's hard to say how she'll handle the pressure, but it's also hard to say how Alissa will skate since she's so inconsistent.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    This one's hard to call because I don't even know if Sasha's showing up, and no idea how she'll figure into the mix if she is there (since I haven't seen her skate competitively in a long while).

I think if she's not there, Rachael and Alissa, or Rachael and Ashley will get the two spots. I think Rachael's probably a sure bet, anyway. Ashley is rather inexperienced being a top dog, so it's hard to say how she'll handle the pressure, but it's also hard to say how Alissa will skate since she's so inconsistent.
    I wouldn't count Mirai and Caroline out just yet, especially not Mirai. Mirai has mastered the art of staying on her feet the vast majority of the time, and Caroline too (I think SC was a fluke) - the same can not be said about Alissa, and even Ashley. If they make mistakes, I think Mirai and Caroline could pass them both in the standings. With this much pressure, I'm not sure if Alissa and Ashley will be able to bring their A games - then again, everyone else might not be able to either.

Custom Title
    My prediction

1. Ashley Wagner
    2. Rachael Flatt
    3. Mirai Nagasu
    4. Alissa Czisny
    5. Caroline Zhang

I still don’t expect Sasha will compete at Nationals. But if she would be there I would put her in the second place, below Ashley.

Hm.

My predictions?

1. Flatt
    2. Wagner
    (Cohen)
    3. Czisny
    4. Nagasu
    5. Zhang

Although, Wagner, if two on performances, can easily overcome Flatt...it'll be close...I'm pullin for Ash Wag. =D

My prediction is that Wagner and Flatt make the team!

Although I'd love to see Mirai making the team, perhaps she needs to win the event? She's been kind of inconsistent since the last season and unfortunately not a very convincing candidate. I wish she had better showings at GPs. But her SPs were good at both events and her only failure was her LP at China. She was just unfortunate. I believe she could have medalled at SC.

I could imagine a situation where Alissa making the team if she were in some other country. But perhaps not from the US.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2