Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kim Yu-na Asked to Skate in Four Continents Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    Part of what adoreyuna wrote above is groundless. What Cinquanta wrote to KSU has not been confirmed. What has been reported is that he had suggested Yuna participate in 4CC, but we don't know if he had sent such letters for all top skaters. And there is NO anti-Yuna in KSU. This is simply untrue. No Korean media has claimed there would be disadvantage for Yuna if she would skip 4CC. They just showed a little bit of concern. Iadoreyuna is exaggerating what's happening in South Korea.
    Actually a couple of articles that I read in the original Korean text insinuated rather strongly that Yuna may be judged unfairly at the Oly if she declines to go to 4CC. It may be that the reporters are just speculating, but who knows...?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Actually a couple of articles that I read in the original Korean text insinuated rather strongly that Yuna may be judged unfairly at the Oly if she declines to go to 4CC. It may be that the reporters are just speculating, but who knows...?
    Who is insinuating that Yuna may be judged unfairly at the Olympics if she declines to go to 4CC? Isn't that just speculation and paranoia on the part of the Korean media? Why all the brouhaha over a letter; weren't similar letters sent to other countries too? It doesn't seem strange that one would be sent to the host country asking the biggest name in figure skating, who comes from said country, to attend. Yuna just needs to respectfully decline, and go about doing what she's been planning on doing; that is, prepare for the Olympics.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    I know Cinquata may punish her for her skipping 4CC. What I'm saying is that the Korean media have not claimed it. In other words, they have NOT said Yuna WILL be punished. They simply showed their concern that there might be such punishment.

Custom Title
    If they were to punish Kim, they'd have to punish all the other skaters too. I can't see that happening, but wouldn't be surprised (figure skating is known for a judging scandal or two, sad as it is to say).

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Who is insinuating that Yuna may be judged unfairly at the Olympics if she declines to go to 4CC? Isn't that just speculation and paranoia on the part of the Korean media? Why all the brouhaha over a letter; weren't similar letters sent to other countries too? It doesn't seem strange that one would be sent to the host country asking the biggest name in figure skating, who comes from said country, to attend. Yuna just needs to respectfully decline, and go about doing what she's been planning on doing; that is, prepare for the Olympics.
    Finally, some logic! I mean really people, calm down! Speedy sent letters to all the other countries as well - this isn't a Yu-Na only scenerio. Of course Speedy would want her to attend, the competition is being held in her own country. He has to be concerned that fans aren't going to come out to watch if she isn't in attendance. Speedy put pressure on the Canadian skaters to attend the World Team Trophy last year as well. She has respectfully declined, so what's the problem? He can't force her to go.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Finally, some logic! I mean really people, calm down! Speedy sent letters to all the other countries as well - this isn't a Yu-Na only scenerio. Of course Speedy would want her to attend, the competition is being held in her own country. He has to be concerned that fans aren't going to come out to watch if she isn't in attendance. Speedy put pressure on the Canadian skaters to attend the World Team Trophy last year as well. She has respectfully declined, so what's the problem? He can't force her to go.
    I agree, some Yuna fans do overreact in situations like this. but, who's She? Joannie? just curious.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemy View Post
    How could you be a part of the KSU and be anti Yuna? I can't imagine what could be a motive for being anti Yuna. They would be happy if she immigrated to another country?
    I can only say most societies have their own rules. Before Yuna, KSU eat well, digest well. If anyone went to international competitions just as Olympics, WC and so on, it was absolutely preferential treatment, because as you know, the result was not important- 29th or 30th out of 30, I mean they almost went foot, so there was no end to the controversy over the KSU's favoring certain athletes in choosing representatives, but nobody knew except only extremely few people. Anno Yuna, Everything changes, and there are always people that don't like change in any society.
    Last edited by adoreyuna; 01-01-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Part of what adoreyuna wrote above is groundless.
    You might be right.
    I already said "This hypothesis is my allegation, not a fact but very probable."

And there is NO anti-Yuna in KSU. This is simply untrue.
    Unfortunately, Yes.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Yes, please adoreyuna, do explain further. Not so much the Who but the Why--as in why would parts of the KSU be against her? And what exactly do you mean by "against"? I can see that the KSU may be thinking that too much emphasis on Yuna as Rock Star is somehow taking away from the development of breadth and depth in their overall skating program--and their other skaters, but that's more a Korean media hype and issue and less Yuna's fault. Is it that she is getting a lot of money from sponsors, and KSU is not getting what they feel is their fair share?

I'm really curious on this matter.
    I could see what you're point.

The thing is however that the KSU is least concerned with Yuna's money.
    They just wanted to control Yuna, but failed. Starting with trouble with her coach in 2006, something unaccountable has happened between them.
    Performing Le Tango de Roxanne in the Korean National, she only got 47, in spite of almost 72 in 2007 WC, for example. I can't help forgetting sixteen-year-old girl's hollow smile checking her anger.

I have told you all I can do and there is nothing new of my words.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post
    I agree, some Yuna fans do overreact in situations like this. but, who's She? Joannie? just curious.
    YuNa....

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by adoreyuna View Post
    I could see what you're point.

The thing is however that the KSU is least concerned with Yuna's money.
    They just wanted to control Yuna, but failed. Starting with trouble with her coach in 2006, something unaccountable has happened between them.
    Performing Le Tango de Roxanne in the Korean National, she only got 47, in spite of almost 72 in 2007 WC, for example. I can't help forgetting sixteen-year-old girl's hollow smile checking her anger.

I have told you all I can do and there is nothing new of my words.
    Wikipedia shows a score of 61.44 in the SP in the Korean National Championship, Yuna's highest score in the SP for the year. That was the last year she participated. What competition is the 47 in reference to?

On the Ice
    Unfortunately, Yes.
    You need to show us evidence that supports what you claim. Otherwise, I would say it is irresponsible. Most readers here don't have any source to tell if what you say is truthful or not. KSU is incompetent, but as I said, there is no anti-Yuna in KSU.
    Last edited by Queens Guy; 01-01-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemy View Post
    Wikipedia shows a score of 61.44 in the SP in the Korean National Championship, Yuna's highest score in the SP for the year. That was the last year she participated. What competition is the 47 in reference to?

It is Korean National Winter Sports Festival 02/21~02/27/2007.
    It is similar to Old Olympics.

If you can speak korean, this site will help you
    http://210.117.202.134:9088/
    or
    http://pudding.paran.com/rapower/12834472

Tripping on the Podium
    You need to show us evidence that supports what you claim. Otherwise, I would say it is irresponsible. Most readers here don't have any source to tell if what you say is truthful or not. KSU is incompetent, but as I said, there is no anti-Yuna in KSU.

I think that what I said is news from nowhere among the Yuna's fans especially who have been watching her for a long time. Fans can love their favorite skaters by various means. My way to love Yuna could be wrong but I don't think there is no anti-Yuna in KSU.

On the Ice
    It is Korean National Winter Sports Festival 02/21~02/27/2007.
    It is similar to Old Olympics.

If you can speak korean, this site will help you
    http://210.117.202.134:9088/
    or
    http://pudding.paran.com/rapower/12834472

I think that what I said is news from nowhere among the Yuna's fans especially who have been watching her for a long time. Fans can love their favorite skaters by various means. My way to love Yuna could be wrong but I don't think there is no anti-Yuna in KSU.
    You have to explain how the links can prove that there is anti-Yuna in KSU. It doesn't matter whatever you may think. You have to support what you claim, especially when you accuse someone. Maybe I should say I'm God on this board if I think I am. How can spreading groundless accusation be means to love your favorite skater. Yuna is my favorite skater, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast