Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Kim Yu-na Asked to Skate in Four Continents Championships

  1. #31
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    You have to explain how the links can prove that there is anti-Yuna in KSU. It doesn't matter whatever you may think. You have to support what you claim, especially when you accuse someone. Maybe I should say I'm God on this board if I think I am. How can spreading groundless accusation be means to love your favorite skater. Yuna is my favorite skater, too.
    I can't get to the point of yours, and I don't think I have to explain it.

    If I said there are people who don't like Yuna, does it accuse someone?

  2. #32
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by adoreyuna View Post
    I can't get to the point of yours, and I don't think I have to explain it.

    If I said there are people who don't like Yuna, does it accuse someone?
    You need to get some help. Learn how to make arguments and improve your English first. I just wasted my time and bandwidth.

  3. #33
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    69
    Queens Guy.

    You said I accused someone, so I didn't understand why it was to accuse that there are people dislike Yuna then I asked "does it accuse someone?"
    You answered my question
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    You need to get some help. Learn how to make arguments and improve your English first. I just wasted my time and bandwidth.
    Oh~ come on, You are stepping out of line. Why do I have to prove what most Korean fans know? Do I have to tell Park Bun sun, East Asian Games, the other figure's mom, Hyundai Card, and so on? It's only the tip of the iceberg. If I gave you a blow-by-blow account, you know it was chickens come home to roost? or already, it is.

    Do I dare to say that you need to learn proper etiquette and how to converse with someone pleasantly?

  4. #34
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by adoreyuna View Post
    The thing is however that the KSU is least concerned with Yuna's money.
    They just wanted to control Yuna, but failed. Starting with trouble with her coach in 2006, something unaccountable has happened between them.
    Performing Le Tango de Roxanne in the Korean National, she only got 47, in spite of almost 72 in 2007 WC, for example. I can't help forgetting sixteen-year-old girl's hollow smile checking her anger.
    Just to chime in -- (I'm not saying adoreyuna is correct or not, but sharing what I've heard about the situation)

    All I know about $ is that KSU takes 1/3 of Yuna's competition prize money. (Not sure if it still does or not)

    As for the coaching, I thought it was something between her and her old Korean coach who was upset that Yuna was going to leave? I also heard of a rumor about how KSU wanted her to train with Morozov, but she chose to go with Orser.

    But again, I don't know if KSU insisted on anything or forced Yuna to do anything she didn't want to do, etc.
    Last edited by Nadia01; 01-03-2010 at 03:26 AM.

  5. #35
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Just to chime in -- (I'm not saying adoreyuna is correct or not, but sharing what I've heard about the situation)

    All I know about $ is that KSU takes 1/3 of Yuna's competition prize money. (Not sure if it still does or not)
    Yes it is true and KSU still does.

    It is based on the code of KSU welfare fund management, stipulated in raising funds. It is not a problem at all, because every international competition winner shall donate 1/3 of prize money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    As for the coaching, I thought it was something between her and her old Korean coach who was upset that Yuna was going to leave?
    Yuna's ex-coach, hm.... her name is taboo word in Korean fans.
    I just say one thing; She said if yuna didn't stop going to Mr.Orser, she was going to pay for it, so old fans was thinking KSU was behind such a mouth, because she was got no nerve doing it by herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    I also heard of a rumor about how KSU wanted her to train with Morozov, but she chose to go with Orser.
    Some Fans wanted her to go with legendary Madam Tarasova, but I think KSU wanted someone ever available and controllable. Morozov? I don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    But again, I don't know if KSU insisted on anything or forced Yuna to do anything she didn't want to do, etc.
    It did and does but fans are happy for that it's influence is steadily weakening.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by adoreyuna View Post


    Yuna's ex-coach, hm.... her name is taboo word in Korean fans.
    I just say one thing; She said if yuna didn't stop going to Mr.Orser, she was going to pay for it, so old fans was thinking KSU was behind such a mouth, because she was got no nerve doing it by herself.

    Park Bun Sun? HAHA~ I've heard of her name. What a big loser! Guess who's paying for it now? LOL

  7. #37
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83

    Hursh on this matter

    [url]http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/sports_globetrotting/2010/01/conspiracy-theorists-will-have-a-ball-with-the--pressure-being-applied-on-reigning-world-champion-kim-yuna-to-skate-in-th.html[/url]

    I personally think this is a total BS situation. I heard the arena is so small and no one worries about ticket sales. Japanese Mao fans alone will fill the arena. And what if it doesn't? Who cares? When did ISU care about ticket sales?


    "Cinquanta said the Koreans would have to provide a good reason, such as injury or illness, to avoid a sanction if Kim does not skate at Four Continents. He said using the travel issue would be ``something that must be evaluated.’’"

    Mr. C is clearly out of the line.
    Last edited by sjwh08; 01-04-2010 at 07:08 PM.

  8. #38
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    282
    I wonder what it was like in 2006 4cc. If he is going to punish Yuna Kim for this, he should do the same to the skaters who didn't compete in 2006 home-country hosted 4cc but went to the Olympics.

    I can't believe things he said. Mentioning "pulling Yuna out of the Olympics" definately sounds like "threatening" to me. How dare...

    And same tech penal as GPF in the Olympics? my goodness! this whole conspiracy thing is really becoming one.

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    218

    Injury or illness for a good reason?

    I just can't believe this. Is the ISU reigned by a Czar?



    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    [url]http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com


    /sports_globetrotting/2010/01/conspiracy-theorists-will-have-a-ball-with-the--pressure-being-applied-on-reigning-world-champion-kim-yuna-to-skate-in-th.html[/url]

    I personally think this is a total BS situation. I heard the arena is so small and no one worries about ticket sales. Japanese Mao fans alone will fill the arena. And what if it doesn't? Who cares? When did ISU care about ticket sales?


    "Cinquanta said the Koreans would have to provide a good reason, such as injury or illness, to avoid a sanction if Kim does not skate at Four Continents. He said using the travel issue would be ``something that must be evaluated.’’"

    Mr. C is clearly out of the line.

  10. #40
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    69
    My assumption was wrong. Forgive me please, especially Queens Guy.

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    58

    Is Mr C bullying Yuna Kim?

    He is cleary abusing his power and giving Yuna unnecessary pressures. No matter what Yuna's decision is, the damage has done to her.

    He is just a mean bully who tries to impress his sponsors. You know who I am talking about. Dirty Secrete of Mr. C

  12. #42
    All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Massena, NY
    Posts
    3,756
    You know. I wish Cinquanta would shut the "f" up. First of all Kim Yu-Na does not need to compete in this event. Yes it would be good for Korea but the Olympics are right around the corner. So who cares if the Ladies event is like 25 days after the 4CC's. Maybe she would like to take part in the Opening ceremonies for this could be her 1st and only... See More olympics she will compete in. Four continents isn't that big of an event. The Olympics are much bigger and he better not sanction her because I will be the first one to protest along with billions of people in the country of South Korea.

  13. #43
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    98
    Well maybe she doesn't want to hurt herself so she should downgrade her routine and surprise us all in Vancouver because we'll all think she lost her touch keke.

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    .... really?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •