Most Important Element in FS to Win High Marks | Golden Skate

Most Important Element in FS to Win High Marks

J

Joesitz

Most Important Element in FS to Win High Marks

There are so many facets to properly judgefigure skating. Some people center in on 3/3s and quads as the ultimate elements in figure skating. What do you think is THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT IN FIGURE SKATING to be a contender. Just name <span style="text-decoration:underline"><em><strong>one</strong></em></span> below or explain other (Whole package doesn't count here).

S

Show 42

Re: Most Important Element in FS to Win High Marks

I voted for "other"......what about "musicality" or being able to "interpret" music? That's what makes skating enjoyable to me (I don't know about the judges, though).......42

J

Joesitz

Have to agree that musicality is important but a quad or a couple of 3/3s will override that, imo.

L

Lanechka

I'd prefer to say other -- musicality, etc -- but jumps seem to be the most important right now. Hey, I like a good quad or 3-3 once in awhile. ;)
<strong>- Lanie</strong>

S

sk8guy2k2

Musicality...but with that new judging system, it won't matter to the judges as much as it does now...:(

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

if I were a judge I'd judge footwork as important or more important than the hardest jump combo. anyone can stroke around and jump but footwork/complete control of the blade sets the champions above the rest....

C

CuteGreekGoddess

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
musicality for the fs
</strong></span>

M

magentataupe

Quads/3-3.

S

starshinexavier

I think that a skater needs to have musicality and express themselves accordingly with the piece of music they selected, along with good choreography that accentuates the skater's skills. I HATE seeing skate, skate, jump, jump, spin, skate, skate, skate, jump, skate, jump, jump, spin, skate, spin, skate, skate, skate, jump, skate, jump, spin. The jumps are important, however at the World level, skaters need to excel in all areas of the sport, and not look like Novice skaters. The skate, skate, jump, spin, skate is fine in lower levels, but not at Senior Worlds.