Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: EuroSport

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Just to correct my post above and add the full schedule, posting again.
    As it turns out, TRT 3 is broadcasting everything, most of them live. The schedule:

Tuesday:
    Pairs SP live at 19.00 CET

Wednesday:
    Pairs LP live at 19.30 CET - 22.00 CET
    Men SP (not live) 00.35 CET

Thursday
    Men LP live at 19.30 CET - 22.30 CET
    OPriginal dance at 23.05 CET

Friday
    Ladies SP live first group at 09.00 CET
    Ladies SP live other groups at 12.45 CET
    Free dance at 23.00 CET

Saturday
    Ladies SP repeat at 13.00 CET
    Ladies LP at 00.15 CET

Sunday
    Gala at 19.30 CET

Online stream: http://www.trt.net.tr/Canli/canli.aspx?kanal=TV3&slv=0
    Last edited by schiele; 01-18-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Just to correct my post above and add the full schedule, posting again.
    As it turns out, TRT 3 is broadcasting everything, most of them live. The schedule:

Tuesday:
    Pairs SP live at 19.00 CET
    Men SP (not live) 00.35 CET
    You meant Wednesday 00.35, didn't you?
    Thank you for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey19 View Post
    You meant Wednesday 00.35, didn't you?
    Thank you for posting!
    Ooopsie, thanks for pointing out.

Rinkside
    Here's one more link. But I don't know if it works outside of Russia or not...
    http://www.allsport-live.ru/tv.php?channel=6596

Quote Originally Posted by ilmiom View Post
    Here's one more link. But I don't know if it works outside of Russia or not...
    http://www.allsport-live.ru/tv.php?channel=6596
    Cheers! However, as you predicted, it is region restricted unfortunately..

Found this article in the liberal-green newspaper taz.

Apparently the taz asked Eurosport about the lack of coverage and Eurosport answered, that in the year of the FIFA World Cup, they prefer to broadcast the Africa Cup. The guy who is in charge of the German Federation said that he was disappointed and that it's because most men who make the decisions at Eurosport, know nothing about Figure Skating.

And apparently Eurosport gets good viewing figures when they broadcast figure skating. Which is kind of surprising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Apparently the taz asked Eurosport about the lack of coverage and Eurosport answered, that in the year of the FIFA World Cup, they prefer to broadcast the Africa Cup. The guy who is in charge of the German Federation said that he was disappointed and that it's because most men who make the decisions at Eurosport, know nothing about Figure Skating.

And apparently Eurosport gets good viewing figures when they broadcast figure skating. Which is kind of surprising to me.
    I have no objection to showing African Cup of Nations matches - obviously many people are interested in this event, and yes, it is a World Cup year (though surely they are aware that it's also an Olympic year?! ).

What does annoy me is that Eurosport is not showing live skating in the evening, in order to broadcast, among other things, taped horse jumping, taped golf, Planet Amrstrong, tennis magazines, and god knows what else. Live events should come first; why couldn't they show the horse jumping after the end of the pairs FS?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I have no objection to showing African Cup of Nations matches - obviously many people are interested in this event, and yes, it is a World Cup year (though surely they are aware that it's also an Olympic year?! ).

What does annoy me is that Eurosport is not showing live skating in the evening, in order to broadcast, among other things, taped horse jumping, taped golf, Planet Amrstrong, tennis magazines, and god knows what else. Live events should come first; why couldn't they show the horse jumping after the end of the pairs FS?
    I think it is a concious choice to show the taped events just after the actual live events because Chris mentioned it was a way for the network to save on expenditures made to broadcast it (live vs not live). What is more annoying though is that they only show the top 5 in the LP now, meaning just the last group!! Even if it's live, look at the time schedule for men, starting at 21.50 that means only the final group!!! What is this? Besides, last nite they showed the taped version of mens SP top 6 but it was not announced anywhere as far as I remember. It's like they don't give a fiddler's fart.

I got an answer from Eurosport Nordic. No real answers, other than that Europeans is at the same time as Australian open, Africa cup and other olympic winter sports like biathlon, ski jumping etc. (My point was that these other winter sports are world cup competitions, not championships.) I read this as they can't afford the cost of Europeans too.

As for OG and world's they say that "there will be broadcasts from all competitions again." Nothing about LIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I am not that surprised. It's the "silent women masses" who watch FS. If broadcasters learned to see this, and made use of it, they would get more interest for their products. The lack of figure skating in TV and other medias is for sure a gender issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3