Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78

Thread: Predictions

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    472
    Also, why so much hype on Marchei? If she's so great why isn't she on the GP and other international events a lot?
    she wasn't on GP last year due to injury, so she also fell down in isu standings and this year she couldn't go to GP. but she did the minor competitions with good results. Last euro she did (2008), she was 5th.
    I think that the two italians and the two russians are the strongest getting into euro, then I've only guessed about who could be the best in this particular event. I've put Kostner behind only because she is the biggest question mark IMO, if she skates clean, as I've said, she can win, but looking at consistency, the other three seems more regular (though also marchei struggled in Merano Cup and leonova in the nats).

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_4Ever View Post
    she wasn't on GP last year due to injury, so she also fell down in isu standings and this year she couldn't go to GP. but she did the minor competitions with good results. Last euro she did (2008), she was 5th.
    I think that the two italians and the two russians are the strongest getting into euro, then I've only guessed about who could be the best in this particular event. I've put Kostner behind only because she is the biggest question mark IMO, if she skates clean, as I've said, she can win, but looking at consistency, the other three seems more regular (though also marchei struggled in Merano Cup and leonova in the nats).
    I mean Lepisto is pretty consistent, but she consistently lands about 3 triples in the FS, last year she WON with 4. Shows you that the field was not that tough. If Carolina can just land 4 or 5 triples she should win, unless someone else, say Leonova or Makarova, were to land 6 or 7.

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    472
    I mean Lepisto is pretty consistent, but she consistently lands about 3 triples in the FS, last year she WON with 4. Shows you that the field was not that tough. If Carolina can just land 4 or 5 triples she should win, unless someone else, say Leonova or Makarova, were to land 6 or 7.
    I totally agree with that.
    the fact is if she can skate clean and land those jumps (I rally hope she does)

    the other three are a bit more consistent in jumps, though their PCS are lower than Kostner.
    another problem is how will they skate in the SP: I mean, last year Carolina lost because of her fall in the SP, where she completely missed an element (3lz, if I remember correctly).

    you make me think about jumps: Lepisto you said usually lands about 3 triples this year, Leonova/Makarova could land about 6 or 7, Kostner landed 5 triples at Merano Cup, Marchei landed 5 triples at last nats, what about the others ladies?

  4. #34
    Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_4Ever View Post
    I totally agree with that.
    the fact is if she can skate clean and land those jumps (I rally hope she does)

    the other three are a bit more consistent in jumps, though their PCS are lower than Kostner.
    another problem is how will they skate in the SP: I mean, last year Carolina lost because of her fall in the SP, where she completely missed an element (3lz, if I remember correctly).

    you make me think about jumps: Lepisto you said usually lands about 3 triples this year, Leonova/Makarova could land about 6 or 7, Kostner landed 5 triples at Merano Cup, Marchei landed 5 triples at last nats, what about the others ladies?
    Jenna McCorkell usually lands at least 3 or 4?

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_4Ever View Post
    you make me think about jumps: Lepisto you said usually lands about 3 triples this year, Leonova/Makarova could land about 6 or 7, Kostner landed 5 triples at Merano Cup, Marchei landed 5 triples at last nats, what about the others ladies?
    For the LP I'd say:

    Lepisto: 3

    Leonova: 6

    Makarova: 6

    Kostner: 4-5 (could be 1 or 7 though, who knows)

    Marchei: 5

    Korpi: 3-4

    Poykio: 3-4

    Sebestyen: 3-4

    Gedevanishvilli: 3-4 (again could be more or less, unpredictable)

    Meier: 4 (injured so I don't know about this season)

    Hecken: 4-5

    McCorkell: 3-4

    Feel free to add/change

  6. #36
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    98
    I think you should add Lepistö to the list of "anything could happen". Apparently she's been amazing in practice this year and landing all her triples consistently but the competitions seem to bring her trouble. On the other hand last two years she has been a lot better at Europeans and Worlds than in the autumn... So, 3-6 triples is my guess

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by ankka View Post
    I think you should add Lepistö to the list of "anything could happen". Apparently she's been amazing in practice this year and landing all her triples consistently but the competitions seem to bring her trouble. On the other hand last two years she has been a lot better at Europeans and Worlds than in the autumn... So, 3-6 triples is my guess
    Make that 1 to 6, she only did 1 triple in her FS at nationals and she still won! I don't think I've ever seen her do more than 4 in the FS at a competition but there's a first time for everything! Most of the European ladies could be one extreme or the other though, they have that in common. Last Europeans Elene Gedevanishvilli didn't make it to the FS (finished 25) because she fell on all three jumps and then went to one win the SP at Junior Worlds and come in 10th overall at senior worlds!

  8. #38
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    472
    ..I didn't remember how did Gedevanishvili last year!

    Kostner: I think she'll go for 5 (and then could be everything)
    Glebova and Karademir: could be 3-4?

    could I say that I feel a bit embarassed discussing who's gonna do 1 or 4 jumps, after having heard the results from the other side of the Atlantic?

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_4Ever View Post
    ..I didn't remember how did Gedevanishvili last year!

    Kostner: I think she'll go for 5 (and then could be everything)
    Glebova and Karademir: could be 3-4?

    could I say that I feel a bit embarassed discussing who's gonna do 1 or 4 jumps, after having heard the results from the other side of the Atlantic?
    Gedevanishvili didn't reached the final last year.....
    Last edited by MagicFairy; 01-16-2010 at 07:24 PM.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    185
    i am almost sure kostner doesn't even make the top 5... she is under pressure now because she has to fear her partecipation in the olympics and pressure is her nemesis... a few seasons ago she could at least rely on her 3-3 which was pretty consistent... now she has changed her jumping technique and cannot do clean 3f anymore nor 3L.. her highlight is the 2A-2T .. wow =)

    the biggest arsenal of jumps has sarah meier with at least 2 lutzes planned... ( sebestyen too, but she always doubles everything in the second half)... i really wish sarah could win this but i don't see this coming with the problems she had this season.. at nhk she also had trouble with the levels of her spins etc...

    the winner will be the one with the best salchow and double axel... haha

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Back to the Men: with the exception of dancingqueen who is going for Verner, and jemy who's picking Lambiel...are there any other brave souls who will go against the Plushy tsunami?? OK, I'm going to go for Joubert (and I'm not even a fan of his, just got a gut feeling for this competition...)
    1. Joubert
    2. Plushy
    3. Lambiel
    4. Brezina
    5. Contesti

    With Verner and Preaubert as my wildcards for anywhere in #3-5 positions.

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    the winner will be the one with the best salchow and double axel... haha
    Last year Lepisto won without lutz and flip and didn't even do her 3-3. This year both russians have 3-3 (Makarova's 3-3 is pretty consistant, Leonova also could land it), flip (Alena has also 3F-2A seq and lutz), Marchei also has difficult jumps, so I think it will be different this time

  13. #43
    Custom Title raress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    160
    my prediction for the sp is :
    1.Sebestyen
    2.Leonova
    3.Marchei -or-korpii
    4.makarova
    5.kostner(or 1 if she will skate decently)
    6.Lepisto-or -Glebova
    god luck to all of them!

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Last year Lepisto won without lutz and flip and didn't even do her 3-3. This year both russians have 3-3 (Makarova's 3-3 is pretty consistant, Leonova also could land it), flip (Alena has also 3F-2A seq and lutz), Marchei also has difficult jumps, so I think it will be different this time
    Elene Gedevanishvilli has a 3t-3t planned in her SP and LP, she doesn't always do it but I have seen her land it beautifully before (she did at 2009 jr worlds). She has no flip but has a good 3lutz. Elena Glebova and Sarah Hecken also both have really goo 3t-3t that they rarely miss.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Back to the Men: with the exception of dancingqueen who is going for Verner, and jemy who's picking Lambiel...are there any other brave souls who will go against the Plushy tsunami?? OK, I'm going to go for Joubert (and I'm not even a fan of his, just got a gut feeling for this competition...)
    1. Joubert
    2. Plushy
    3. Lambiel
    4. Brezina
    5. Contesti

    With Verner and Preaubert as my wildcards for anywhere in #3-5 positions.
    Verner could probably win if he was finally clean, especially if Joubert is still sick. Plushenko is kind of a skating God but I think a clean Verner with two 4-3s would be absolutely stunning that he would win, he is so good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •