Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Predictions

Custom Title
    Kostner in 2003 Euros LP did 3Lz+3T and 3F+3T combinations.
    In 2007 she could do a 3F+3T+2Lo comnination.
    In 2009 Euros she did only 3Lz+2T+2Lo and 3F+2T.

And this season she didn't do any 3Lz...

So sad...

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    I think I will not even attempt to make a prediction, it's crazy with the depth of talent in mens combined with injuries and unpredictability and the lack of technical strength in ladies combined with meltdowns and total unpredictability.
    My only predictions, K&S and the Kerrs will place higher than expected..

Custom Title
    silverlake22
    Elene Ged got a 162.48 at worlds last year, Makarova's scores are all from juniors so are lower.
    yes, I was thinking only to this year Seasonal Best...otherwise also Kostner has a far higher PB!!!

Custom Title
    Even though Makarova lands 5-6 triples, it's not the only way of winning. Besides this is her first ISU competition on senior level so the arena is bigger emotionally. Of course I wish her and also to the others very good competition but I wouldn't put her higher than the others I mentioned. We'll see, and I'll be watching that live on Saturday in Tallinn

Btw, Kiira Korpi has said that she has practised some 3-3 combination and she might take that to her program (LP?) in Europeans. I don't know what is that combination, probably 3T-3T, I hope she survives. But I bet Laura won't survive her 3Lz in LP... But of course as I'm from Finland, I hope all the best for Finnish ladies. Mostly my dream is to see clean programs.

PS. I wish Plushenko would cut his hair

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post

Btw, Kiira Korpi has said that she has practised some 3-3 combination and she might take that to her program (LP?) in Europeans. I don't know what is that combination, probably 3T-3T, I hope she survives. But I bet Laura won't survive her 3Lz in LP... But of course as I'm from Finland, I hope all the best for Finnish ladies. Mostly my dream is to see clean programs.
    Kiira is not that great, better than Poykio but she only won the FS at Finnish nationals because Laura Lepisto landed only ONE triple in the FS . I don't think she can pull off a 3-3, most of the time she pops and doubles a few jumps in the FS, I don't expect her to land more than 3 or 4 triples in the FS at Euros. Gorgeous girl, and her stroking is good, but mostly her skating is uninspiring (octopus arm choreo )

Custom Title
    I couldn't more disagree with you. Since I first time saw Kiira skating maybe 5 years ago I've liked her so much more than many other skaters. She had something really sparkling in her skating already then. She is very graceful and she really has something special in her skating, much more than many her competitors across the world - I won't mention any names. Maybe she is not technically that talented as many eg. US and Asian skaters but she is classy and she really has "something" in her skating. Besides her my favourites are Czisny, Meier and Kim (and were eg. Kwan and Cohen) - they are more than technical packages, they really have artistry in their skating.

And just to know: In nationals Kiira landed 5 triples (two of them were unfortunately downgraded) so she is not that bad you wrote. But it's not worth arguing, these are matters of taste and one likes vanilla, one likes chocolate.

Medalist
    Yeah, when it comes to Kiira you can't get her skating if you've never seen her live. She really just fills the ice with her charisma. And although she is not my favourite Finnish skater I do like her performing skills a lot. It also explains why her second mark is always so good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ankka View Post
    Yeah, when it comes to Kiira you can't get her skating if you've never seen her live. She really just fills the ice with her charisma. And although she is not my favourite Finnish skater I do like her performing skills a lot. It also explains why her second mark is always so good.
    Compared to Laura live is she better or worse? Lepisto is a beautiful skater, but needs to work on her spiral and spin positions, and the jumps. If she could up the difficulty, I think she could be the World Champion!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Compared to Laura live is she better or worse? Lepisto is a beautiful skater, but needs to work on her spiral and spin positions, and the jumps. If she could up the difficulty, I think she could be the World Champion!
    They're different. I think Laura has more musicality and she definitely has improved a lot when it comes to performing this year. And also she is very fast. Her performing is based on subtle changes in mood and she can bring nuances of music to her skating which is a great skill and I think her coach and choreographers make the most of it. But her tango program proves that she can also deliver the fire especially in her steps.

Kiira on the other hand has this sparkle, it's quite hard to explain actually. She just lights up the ice and has this strong appearance. She flirts with the judges and the audience and clearly loves it too.

I'm quite unable to say who's better in performing as they are so different. I think Kiira has more charisma but Laura is a more well-rounded skater...

I just wrote a LONG post and not really answering well. Sorry :chorus:

They're different. I think Laura has more musicality and she definitely has improved a lot when it comes to performing this year. And also she is very fast. Her performing is based on subtle changes in mood and she can bring nuances of music to her skating which is a great skill and I think her coach and choreographers make the most of it. But her tango program proves that she can also deliver the fire especially in her steps.

Kiira on the other hand has this sparkle, it's quite hard to explain actually. She just lights up the ice and has this strong appearance. She flirts with the judges and the audience and clearly loves it too.

I'm quite unable to say who's better in performing as they are so different. I think Kiira has more charisma but Laura is a more well-rounded skater...

Thanks and it was a good answer. I like Kiira - but Laura is one of my favorites.
    I really like her skating and hope she can land her jumps at Euros and Olympics.

Good luck to both of them.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar

I think if she can deliver, Laura's artistry and fire will overshadow Kiira any day. I've seen Kiira live and I still don't see what the fuss is about. Mao, Yuna, Yukari, Caro K all impressed me live but not Kiira, which strenghtens my belief that she is indeed overrated. Laura's tango steps in the LP were absolutely superior to anything I've seen Kiira do. Apologies to Kiira fans if I come across a bit harsh.

The top men at European are so strong and will give skaters like Abbot, Evan, Takahashi, Chan , Weir etc a run for their money, however will be interesting in the ladies to see if any can really compete with the top in the world. Mao, Yuna, are so strong and there are more such as joannie, and Miki who are just one step behind.

Custom Title
    I think at Euros, the set-up is looking more and more like Russians sweep all the gold medals.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I think at Euros, the set-up is looking more and more like Russians sweep all the gold medals.
    Wow, that I did not expect just one year ago...How the f*** do the Russians manage to do that?!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    I think if she can deliver, Laura's artistry and fire will overshadow Kiira any day. I've seen Kiira live and I still don't see what the fuss is about. Mao, Yuna, Yukari, Caro K all impressed me live but not Kiira, which strenghtens my belief that she is indeed overrated. Laura's tango steps in the LP were absolutely superior to anything I've seen Kiira do. Apologies to Kiira fans if I come across a bit harsh.
    It seems that I'm the only Kiira fan her I agree that Laura's step sequence in LP is gorgeus. But I think she has a little bit inexpressive face, she looks always the same even though her body language has developed much. That is also one reason I like Kiira more. To the question of silverlake22, which one is better live, I prefer Kiira (but that's not a surprise ). Ankka had a good explanation, I kind of agree with her/him except the music thing. I think Kiira has always skated in music. Except sometimes in her step sequence when she has a same problem as many other skaters, too - they make steps too slowly compared to the beat of the music. Do you understand what I mean? Yu-na is the one who doesn't have that problem.

Tomorrow is the SP moment, ugh, I'm excited

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast