Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will skip Worlds after the Olympics?

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar

Who do you think will skip Worlds after the Olympics?

Just curious... I'm sure it would depend in many cases on how things go at the Olympics for certain skaters. I just know that every Olympic year there are usually many that don't continue on to Worlds after "living the Olympic dream"...

Custom Title
    The winners. The gold medalists.

I would very surprised to see Plushenko stay in it for Worlds. You do never know though...

On the Ice

I hope so...

Good morning from Italy,

The winners. The gold medalists.
    Ohhhh, I really hope to see the gold medalist, and silver medalist, and bronze medalist and all great skaters in Turin!!!
    I can't come to Vancouver, but I will be in Turin.......
    would very surprised to see Plushenko stay in it for Worlds.
    In Tallin, he talked with his fans and he said that he would like to go to Turin......I really hope so!
    Ada
    http://plushenko.forumfree.it/
    Last edited by rainisland; 01-26-2010 at 04:02 AM.

Yuna after OGM?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yuna after OGM?
    Yes, and Evan if he pulls off gold. Mao also if she wins gold. If she doesn't it'll be interesting to see what she decides. Mirai and Rachael will go no matter what happens, and I'm so excited for them. If I were Jeremy Abbott I would go to worlds too even if he wins gold at the Olympics. But he probably won't. It'll be interesting to see what Johnny does.

I don't see Plushenko going to worlds even if he doesn't win gold.

Call it a hunch - but I have a feeling Cathy and Chris Reed may not go to Worlds... her back has been badly injured since NHK and they are skipping
    4CCs to rest for the Olympics. I guess it would depend if she has recovered or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yuna after OGM?
    She already said she wold be going regardless of her placement at the Olympics.

On the Ice
    I don't see Plushenko going to worlds even if he doesn't win gold
    I just read his interview, he said he will decide after Olympic, if everything will be ok with his health.

Rinkside
    Plunshenko, Lysacek, Kim, Ando, Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong, Virtue/Moir. I think Plushenko, Kim, Shen/Zhao and Virtue/Moir will be the Olympic gold medals. Plushenko and Shen/Zhao have already won Worlds and won't care about going to Korea. I see Kim definitely appearing at World's but probably not competing. Virtue/Moir and Kim will both be really busy with appearances if they do win Gold, so I don't think they'll be prepared training wise for Worlds. I think Ando, Lysacek and Pang/Tong will win Olympic medals and have all won Worlds already so won't go to Korea. I could see Lambiel and Delobel/Schoenfelder skipping too, although I think Delobel/Schoenfelder will probably compete next season, so that they have a proper send-off.

Custom Title
    Worlds will be in Torino, Italy this year, Four Continents is in Korea.

On the Ice
    Worlds will be in Torino, Italy this year, Four Continents is in Korea.
    Thanks for this correction, I was woried if someone moved my beloved Turin in Korea!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by louieb2009 View Post
    Plunshenko, Lysacek, Kim, Ando, Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong, Virtue/Moir. I think Plushenko, Kim, Shen/Zhao and Virtue/Moir will be the Olympic gold medals. Plushenko and Shen/Zhao have already won Worlds and won't care about going to Korea. I see Kim definitely appearing at World's but probably not competing. Virtue/Moir and Kim will both be really busy with appearances if they do win Gold, so I don't think they'll be prepared training wise for Worlds. I think Ando, Lysacek and Pang/Tong will win Olympic medals and have all won Worlds already so won't go to Korea. I could see Lambiel and Delobel/Schoenfelder skipping too, although I think Delobel/Schoenfelder will probably compete next season, so that they have a proper send-off.

I think Kim and Ando will be there unless one of them wins gold in Vancouver. Mao will be there whatever happens in Vancouver. I also think that Virtue and Moir will go to Torino no matter what happens at the Olympics. They have never placed above third there so they cannot say they have accomplished everything.

I agree that Lambiel and Delobel/Schoenfelder won't show up...thier returns have been Olympic only. Same for Plushenko.

I dunno, if Evan wins the OGM I think he just might ride teh high straight into worlds... he's one of those big time competitors, not all that interested in just taking the prize and running.

I think Johnny, no matter what the placement, will bow out of Worlds... Jeremy might run with the gold and not show at worlds, but then I don't know...

Shen and Zhao, I think, will skip worlds.

Custom Title
    I don't think anyone, not the skaters, not the coaches, not even their mothers and fathers, know who will go to the Worlds, after the Olympics. Even if some of them have said, they would. Some skaters who have won OGM have gone to the Worlds in the past. Some may be pressured to go even if they are not up to it, mentally or physically, in order to secure future placings for their countries. I think all of the Olympic participants would make that decision, final decision, when the Olympics is over, and many of them will change their mind from their past pronouncements.

My bet is, as it is usually the case, a whole slew of them, whether they medal or not, will retire after the Olympics, especially those who have retired before (Shen/Zhen and Plush for example). Which is a reason, I have, completely irrational I know, why I don't want some of the top contenders (won't name them) to win the gold because I want them to stay in the game longer so we can enjoy them.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast