Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will skip Worlds after the Olympics?

Medalist
    I read over at FSU that B&A will probably not go to Worlds , they likely will retire after the Olys as they said they would, I suspect.

On the Ice
    I want them to stay in the game longer so we can enjoy them.
    This is the point, thanks for this
    Vancouver, for the european figure skating fans, is so far away, and this magnific Olympic Games's figure skating competitions will be possibile to see on TV (after mighnight), but it will never be the same like live broadcast.......
    So, Worlds in Turin will be an ocasion to see ALL THE BEST in the same place, LIVE so I really wish to see, one more time, all of them compete, before their retire........
    And yes, the final decision will be after Olymps.......

Quote Originally Posted by cotillion View Post
    I read over at FSU that B&A will probably not go to Worlds , they likely will retire after the Olys as they said they would, I suspect.
    I think that would be best for both of them,

He has gained enough knowledge in skating to become a first rate coach and choreographer, but that depends on how much interest he has in remaining in skating as a noncompetitive.

She is still looking gorgeous and rather than waste that look she should put it to good use in modeling and acting.

Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    I would very surprised to see Plushenko stay in it for Worlds. You do never know though...
    If Borodulin makes a knockout impression, I do not think Plush will be forced into skating again but much depends on Artem. Socci is the home country and Plush may want to tie Sonia's record as a single.

Aren't Belbin & Agosto set to skate professionally with SOI? Evan Lysacek as well.

I'm wondering about Pang/Tong, Savchenko/Szolkowy and Kavaguti/Smirnov. Anyone know?

On the Ice

News

After his Sp, Barbara Fusar Poli (in pair with Maurizio Margaglio, dance, she's journalist for SKY TV now) stopped Evgeni and she talked a little bit with him (her english is just awfull, ans she was so nervous in the front of Plushy :lol: ).
    There wasn't video, but I registered mp3 where you can hear Evgeni said: "You know, after Olympic, I decide that I will skate in Torino".
    Later, other italian commentator said: "Oh, this is such a good news for fans who will come to Turin's Worlds!!".

Download mp3 here:

www.mediafire.com/?3e0djtjdydn

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I'm wondering about Pang/Tong, Savchenko/Szolkowy and Kavaguti/Smirnov. Anyone know?
    I really don't see Pang and Tong doing worlds, but I would not be surprised to see the others there. I think K&S will almost certainly be there.

I don't think Plushenko will show up in Torino. Has Evan said he for sure won't? There are rumors that Johnny is going, but I can't find a straight quote. Jeremey has to go and redeem himself. I think all the Japanese men will be there, Davis and White, Virtue and Moir. Domina and Shablalin will just manage to get through this week, they won't be skating anymore this spring. Belbin and Agosto...I really don't think so.

Custom Title
    I too am wondering who will be there?

Despite all the hate & prejudice against Evgeni, I think he actually might show up, especially to redeem his loss against Evan.

But, it all depends on his knees; though he doesn't talk about it much, Evgeni has had several surgeries on his knees (latest being a minor one this past December), has had to have injections, et al. So on the one hand, though I would like to see him go to Worlds, I'm thinking it might be better to save his health. Retire now, rest his battle scarred body, and come back a year before the Olympics (like he did here).

Also, I've heard that Johnny Weir will be at Worlds, and most likely Abbott as well, and of course the Japanese men. The Japanese men remind me of Evgeni, big jumpers & risk takers, so I expect them to all do well at Worlds, as well as the next 4 yrs.

Hopefully, like the 2002 Olympics, COP will re-evaluate their system. Because of Sarah Hughes win, they went bananas over underrotations, technique, et al, which affected everything since then. And I hope because of the men, they will re-evaluate the points system for harder jumps like the quad & give it the much deserved big points it deserves, so by the time the next Olympics comes round the winner will have a quad.

Custom Title
    What about Lambiel?

Custom Title
    That's a good question, and I honestly have no idea if he will attend this year's Worlds. But I'm pretty sure this will be his last Olympics. Unless he wants to redeem his 4th place finish at the Olympics, yeah then he'll probably go. However, that said, I think he should go out on top; 4th place isn't bad at all after such injury.

Custom Title
    So rumours say Johnny's coming? That would be great! Jeremy's coming for sure (twitter). Plushenko... yeah he might come too, to redeem himself; because he can easily win another World gold there... So psyched all Japanese guys are likely to come! Now all I have to do is cross my fingers like crazy for Lambiel. I think he can do much better than 4th place there, so if he feels like he still has the energy to pull off performances a la Euros... I for one would be beyond thrilled to see him there... Hmm.. I don't know; I thought the Olympics LP was slightly underwhelming at some points; so hopefully that means that Torino 2010 will be amazing! (and not just anticlimax)

Custom Title
    dai, nobu, taka will go to the worlds, according the Japanese media.

and dai will continue to skate at least untill the next worlds in tokyo.

Lambiel said in an interview today that he's definitely not going to Torino...
    And he didn't know if he will compete the next season.

Custom Title
    ^^Oh no :( That's very sad news :(

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast