Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will skip Worlds after the Olympics?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Yschntä View Post
    Lambiel said in an interview today that he's definitely not going to Torino...
    And he didn't know if he will compete the next season.
    Totally expected.. He only came back to taste olympic glory once again.. its a shame he wasnt able to do it.. *sighs*

I hope Johnny and Evan both go... I can't see Evan NOT going and completing the season, he doesn't seem like someone who'd grab the title and run.

Johnny is riding high on the momentum of the great skates he had and he might want to leave on that note, but I hope he goes to worlds and lays it down again - and gets the credit he deserves for it, too.

Custom Title
    But what about the stuff about Evan's SOI practices conflicting with Worlds? I totally wouldn't mind him skipping Worlds. Nobody could blame him for leaving after an Olympic gold medal. I'm just really upset about Lambiel not coming :s. Ah well; I'm excited to see Johnny, Jeremy, Dai, Oda, Kozuka, Chan... I hope I get lots of autographs and pictures :D.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I'm just really upset about Lambiel not coming :s. Ah well; I'm excited to see Johnny, Jeremy, Dai, Oda, Kozuka, Chan... I hope I get lots of autographs and pictures :D.
    I wish Ashley Wagner were on the senior Worlds team so you could get her autographs too...

Custom Title
    I actually wish King Plushenko not going to this year's Worlds. His knees need rest even though his fighting spirit doesn't. I hope he will come back strong next year with two great programs and beat Lysacek if Lysacek is still around (Such a strange match! I actually hope that somebody else beat Lysacek at this Worlds. Like one of Plushenko's knights to save the king.) He is the greatest athlete in current crops.

Custom Title
    I couldn't agree more, jennylovskt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, I've been looking everywhere trying to find out when Worlds will start? In particular the Mens competition? Thanks!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    I wish Ashley Wagner were on the senior Worlds team so you could get her autographs too...
    Aww thanks!! I was really hoping to see her there too... Luckily I might get my chance in The Hague.

I'm just watching replays of last night's ice dance.. And I adore tha Phantom and D/W did such a great job with it! I hope they'll be in Turin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

Btw, I've been looking everywhere trying to find out when Worlds will start? In particular the Mens competition? Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure the Men's competition starts March 24th.
    Last edited by Trewyn; 02-23-2010 at 03:23 AM.

I can't imagine why Evan would continue. He can retire as reigning world champion and Olympic gold medalist. Why not end on that high?

Custom Title
    YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, The King says he WILL skate at Worlds ~ click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1JNk1-OMM

On the Ice
    WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24TH
    9:30 am – 5:45 pm Men • Short Program
    6:00 pm – 7:45 pm Men • Free Skating [pre-session: to this day only collective tickets]
    7:45 pm – 10:50 pm Men • Free Skating
    SUNDAY, MARCH 28TH
    2:30 pm - Exhibition

All info here:
    http://www.torino2010.org/interna.aspx?idA=8

The King says he WILL skate at Worlds ~ click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1JNk1-OMM
    Acctualy, he didn't say I WILL SKATE, he said "I should skate in Torino". Let's wait the official schedule after Olymp.

Custom Title
    I just got through listening to the interview again (& again, lol) and he says "first I have to finish the season, skate there". This can be heard at exactly 0:59 seconds into the interview, so he definitely says he WILL go! Period.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Great news Johnny is going to compete at Worlds.

Custom Title
    This is great news! I hope Johnny (& all the men) skate their very best, and let the chips fall where they may. Now I'm just waiting to see if Brian Joubert will show up for Worlds. I'm crossing my fingers he does because he's the only one when *on* can honestly challenge The King jump for jump for jump. Let the quadfest begin!

Lol, I have to post the following article in regards to Johnny, wherein he answers his critics assertions that he needs to take a gender test:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympicpu...nhomepage&cid=

On the Ice
    Vaughn Chipeur has withdrawn due to injury. Something he has been battling since mid October.

Custom Title
    Darn, too bad I really like this guy. Lol, I had my eyes literally glued on him during the Mens F.S. warm up last Thursday night. What a powerhouse!

I've been looking everywhere trying to find the article wherein The King says he will do 2 Quads at Worlds! And I'm not exaggerating, he said this verbatim, word for word. As soon as I find the article &/or video, I will post it ASAP!

Oh yeah, Evan Lysacek has officially bowed out of Worlds, which is a shame because I wanted to see a rematch between him & The King.

Now I just await word to see if Brian Joubert shows up, please!!!!!!!!! He's the only one IMHO that can match The King quad for quad for quad.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast