Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will skip Worlds after the Olympics?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbyskates View Post
    Kevin Reynolds is Vaughn's replacement - they're congratulating him on the Skate BC website:

www.skatinginbc.com
    Why isn't Chipeur going?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Why isn't Chipeur going?
    injury. something he's been battling all season

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I don't think it'll be a problem keeping 3 spots for next year. Jeremy was 9th, and Johnny was 6th at the Olympics, but there will be less pressure at Worlds, and Stephane won't be there. I think it's very doable with Jeremy and Johnny.
    Let's not count out Adam Rippon, 2010 Four Continents Champ! When he's on -- watch out! The uS SHOULD have no problem if Jeremy doesn't bomb..

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Let's not count out Adam Rippon, 2010 Four Continents Champ! When he's on -- watch out! The uS SHOULD have no problem if Jeremy doesn't bomb..
    Adam Rippon finished fifth at Nationals and will NOT be going to Worlds. Ryan Bradley, who placed fourth at Nationals, will be going to Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    Adam Rippon finished fifth at Nationals and will NOT be going to Worlds. Ryan Bradley, who placed fourth at Nationals, will be going to Worlds.
    Ryan broke his ankle so I believe Adam Rippon will be going to worlds after all.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Ryan broke his ankle so I believe Adam Rippon will be going to worlds after all.
    Is this true? What bad luck for Ryan and sorry to hear he has been injured.

I wish Adam good luck but feel sad that Ryan won't be able to compete.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Have you any believable source for this rumor? There is no announcement on the USFS website, nor anywhere else that I could find.

Custom Title
    injury. something he's been battling all season
    Was this posted anywhere ? I tried to find a link and cannot come up with anything.

SO SAD for Ryan, if this is true.. it probably is his last chance since I thought he was retiring :(

I don't think Bradley broke his ankle?
    Seems like it's something you announce right away since it wouldn't "maybe heal" in 3 weeks.
    Besides, it's not like his twitter is all that serious. Recovering from carpal tunnel/just kidding, heh.

And I am probably going to get flack for this, but I think Carolina should cede her spot to Valentina Marchei.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I don't think Bradley broke his ankle?
    Seems like it's something you announce right away since it wouldn't "maybe heal" in 3 weeks.
    Besides, it's not like his twitter is all that serious. Recovering from carpal tunnel/just kidding, heh.

And I am probably going to get flack for this, but I think Carolina should cede her spot to Valentina Marchei.
    She already has, Valentina is going so Carolina can regroup and be prepared for next season. As for Bradley, I guess he is still going because there hasn't been any news saying Rippon will take his place.

Custom Title
    I posted Ryan's latest Twitter entry above. It sounds like something has happened:

Sometimes things just happen, and you can't figure out why. I will keep looking out for that break.

http://twitter.com/RyanSBradley

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It's pretty cryptic, though.
    For all I know it has to do with why he was alone on Valentine's Day (per earlier twitter)

She already has, Valentina is going so Carolina can regroup and be prepared for next season. As for Bradley, I guess he is still going because there hasn't been any news saying Rippon will take his place.
    OH GOOD. Although with the year she's had I can't imagine what she'll do next. The silver lining is she has nowhere to go but up... maybe.
    And hopefully Marchei can earn 2 spots for Italy next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    I posted Ryan's latest Twitter entry above. It sounds like something has happened:

Sometimes things just happen, and you can't figure out why. I will keep looking out for that break.
    Maybe. It's a bit of a stretch to take that as he broke his ankle though.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I really hope Ryan is not injured. He was very disappointed not making the Olympic team, but handled himself with class like a true gentleman. I think Rippon already peaked this season at 4CC and needs more maturity before he coudl really make a splash at the world scene to effect your number of spots for 2011. Crossing my fingers for Ryan!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast