Thread: Isabelle B. and Lloyd I.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!

Question Isabelle B. and Lloyd I.

Have they retired? I noticed they are coaching Phillip Dulebohn and Tiffany Scott.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    I thought Scott and Dulebon were being coached by Isabelle and her husband Rocky Marvel?

0 Not allowed!
    In the IFS Oct issue there's an article about them saying that next years SOI Canada will serve as a farewell tour.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Isabelle B. and Lloyd I.

Heaven forbid! I guess they had to move on sometime....

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds

0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

Izzy and Lloyd retiring this year is one of the main reasons I have traveled to Canada twice this fall and am going back up there for CSOI in the spring. I have wanted to see them skate since I was in high school and finally, of course the year they are going to retire, I get to see them skate live several times. They will be missed for sure but I think its wonderful that they are now coaching and helping the sport in other ways. Izzy is a very talented photographer too. Many of her photos are in that COI 25th celebration book that came out last year. I wish them both all the best!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Isabelle and Rocky are listed as Tiffany and Phil's new coaches, but at SA, Isabelle and Lloyd were with them during the SP and the USFSA had a picture of Lloyd at the draw.

I don't know if Lloyd was just helping out for a few days or has also been working with them, but he's not listed as an official coach. I didn't see Rocky until the end of the weekend, so maybe he had a conflict in the first part and Lloyd was helping out.

Isabelle and Lloyd definitely brought the house down during Kurt's Gotta Skate (even with only a few days notice) and I'll definitely miss them when they stop performing.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Aww , what a bummer they are retiring soon, but when I think about it they have been skating for a very long time. As Elena and Anton were my favorite "romantic" pair skaters, Isabelle and Lloyd were my favorite "fun and exciting" pair skaters. I will miss them too.