Thread: NBC to Bulk Up Olympic Coverage

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar

NBC to Bulk Up Olympic Coverage

NBC to Bulk Up Olympic Coverage (NBC to release complete details later Monday - includes announcement that Terry Gannon has been hired to anchor several skating shows as a part of Universal Sports off ice coverage).

One of the shows Gannon will host will be similar to the 2006 Olympics show,"Olympic Ice."

http://vancouver2010.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/nbc-to-bulk-up-olympic-coverage/

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Now that is some great news! I rather miss Terry!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Now that is some great news! I rather miss Terry!
    I do too. Glad he will be on board for the Olympic coverage. Phil Hersh reports in his blog that he will be a panelist on a show called "Meet the Olympic Press" that will air on Universal Sports.

Custom Title
    That news makes my day! He really developed into a true fan of the sport. He was always professional and prepared. It's a shame he hasn't had a chance to work an Olympics before. Class act.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar

For Those who do not get Universal Sports Cable Channel...

Earlier tonight I emailed Adam Freifeld, Senior Director, Communications for NBC Sports and Olympics. He has replied confirming that the daily hour long Skating Show hosted by Terry Gannon (2-3pm ET) WILL be streamed on NBCOlympics.com.

So if you do not have Universal Sports Channel in your area you can watch on NBCOlympics.com.