Change in NBC TV schedule (?) | Golden Skate

Change in NBC TV schedule (?)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I an impressed with how much Live coverage we are getting!

futureidol

On the Ice
Any word on Universal Sports live broadcasts for the ones NBC isn't showing live?

I believe Universal Sports will have all the events in their entirety and Euros as well :biggrin: They have the dates on their site, but no times. My DVR automatically records all the figure skating events, at the end of next week I can look at the schedule and find out the times. I can only look a week or so ahead so I have to wait a couple days.

figure skating schedule at Universal Sports

R.D.

Record Breaker
that's a little confusing I think, since the US live coverage of the ladies' short is actually early Friday morning (the 22nd) on the east coast. It will be late at night on the 21st for all other time zones.

pista04

On the Ice
Fluff

As much as some people truly despise it....I really really hope that we get lots of fluff pieces! I love those....Worlds in LA were the first worlds in memory that didn't have fluff. Nationals 2009 did have one or two, but not as many as I had hoped. I know that ESPN was the big fluff reason, and once it went to NBC and Universal we lost a lot of that....but, it's an olympic year! And olympics is full of fluff!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think the main reason they don't do fluff on NBC is they want to be able to at least show six skaters, can't do that in an hour long program and have fluff and commercials... and since commercials are their bread and butter the fluff has to go.

that's a little confusing I think, since the US live coverage of the ladies' short is actually early Friday morning (the 22nd) on the east coast. It will be late at night on the 21st for all other time zones.
Indeed, Unisport was confusing last season, too. Some were live; others were echoed.

futureidol's link does not give the TIME of each competition.

jcoates

Medalist
As annoying as fluff may be to die hard fans who could already write the bios of the top and often even the lesser skaters with their eyes closed, they do serve an important PR role in attracting casual fans to root for certain skaters. Like the fluff CBS always did on Nancy's mother way back when.

futureidol

On the Ice
Full Viewing Schedule for the 2010 USFSC in Spokane

The Pairs SP LIVE will air on Friday January 15th at

4:30 PM EST on Ice Network

The Men's SP LIVE will air on Friday January 15th at

9:45 PM EST on Ice Network

The Men's SP and Pairs SP will air on Saturday January 16th at

12:30 AM EST on Universal Sports

The Pairs FS LIVE, and Men's SP will air on Saturday January 16th at

4:30 PM EST on NBC

RE-AIR 6:00 PM EST on Universal Sports

The Men's FS LIVE will air on Sunday January 17th at

4:30 PM EST on NBC

The Ladies SP LIVE will air on Thursday January 21st at

10:30 PM EST on Ice Network (includes HALL OF FAME CEREMONY)

or

12:30 PM EST on Universal Sports

The Ice Dance CD LIVE will air on Thursday January 21st at

1:30 PM EST on Ice Network

The Ice Dance OD LIVE will air on Friday January 22nd at

11:00 PM EST on Universal Sports

The Ice Dance FD LIVE, Ice Dance OD, and Ladies SP will air on Saturday January 23rd at

3:00 PM EST on NBC

RE-AIR 11:00 PM EST on Universal Sports

The Ladies FS LIVE will air on Saturday January 23rd at

9:00 PM EST on NBC

RE-AIR 2:00 AM EST on Universal Sports

The Event Recap will air on Sunday January 24th at

4:00 PM EST on NBC

The Skating Spectacular and Olympic Send-Off will air on Sunday January 24th at

9:00 PM EST on NBC

ENJOY :biggrin:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I hear the "Event Recap" will simply be a re-broadcast of Sat. night's Ladies FS broadcast but I don't know how accurate that is.