Tracy Tanovich and Michael Chau
    Andrea Best and Trevor Young
    Ameena Sheikh and Aaron VanCleave
    Lisa Moore and Justin Gaumond
    Kendra Moyle and Steven Pottenger
    Amanda Dobbs and Joseph Jacobsen
    Molly Aaron and Daniyel Cohen

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    It seems like McLaughlin and Brubaker are really lying low this season compared to last and wonder if that is Mr. Nicks doing or a result of the disasterous skates at Worlds. They had a decent GP and felt like they deserves bronze at (gp china?). I expect them to skate really well this year, as redemption for last year. My prediction for the second spot is Inoue and Baldwin, I think they are our next best bet for a decent finish internationally. Sure they aren't perfect, but they rarely fall apart and have Olympic experience.

did I miss something? what happened to vise and trent?

really hoping Caydee and Jeremy keep it together and make the team... and that Amanada and Mark move up at least a spot... And Brooke and Ben! I want them to rock it outta the arena and make the Olympics

I can't choose! UGH!

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    did I miss something? what happened to vise and trent?
    I guess you did, Tonichelle They split last April, and while she was planning on skating with Don Baldwin (John Baldwin's brother), he retired.

LOL! guess I should start paying attention.

On the Ice
    I think it would be neat if all three medalists came from Florida! Denney & Barrett, Evora & Ladwig, and Tanovich & Chau. It would be very unlikely, but would make interesting news.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    It seems like McLaughlin and Brubaker are really lying low this season compared to last and wonder if that is Mr. Nicks doing or a result of the disasterous skates at Worlds. They had a decent GP and felt like they deserves bronze at (gp china?). I expect them to skate really well this year, as redemption for last year. My prediction for the second spot is Inoue and Baldwin, I think they are our next best bet for a decent finish internationally. Sure they aren't perfect, but they rarely fall apart and have Olympic experience.
    I don't think McL/Bru were a disaster. I don't know what you mean by 'laying low'? It's not like they get continuous hype about a marriage proposal.

I do think they are not a part of elite international Pairs, but neither are any US Pair Teams. They just happen to be the best the US has to offer at this time. We'll see if they can hold on to that soon.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    They just happen to be the best the US has to offer at this time. We'll see if they can hold on to that soon.
    M/B may be the best the USA has to offer from a PCS standpoint, but from a TES standpoint, I think D/B are the better team . . . they're so consistent and reliable on the side-by-side jumps and throw jumps. Sadly, they seem to be the Rachael Flatt of US pairs skating to M/B's Alissa Czisny as US Nationals showed last season when a very flawed M/B beat a clean D/B. If Caydee and Jeremy could spend more time taking ballet training and focus on extending their lines (their posture needs A LOT of improvement), show more connection between each other and better connection with the music, and add more complex choreography and transitions, they could be the US #1 team.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-10-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Custom Title
    In looking at the practice groups today I do not see Tanovich/Chau listed. Did I miss some news?

OOPS Didn't see the 5th group. My bad.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 01-10-2010 at 08:33 PM.

I'm really hoping the podium is:
    Keauna & Rockne
    Caydee & Jeremy
    Amanda & Mark or Brooke & Ben