Thread: How to watch US Nats

Hybrid View

Custom Title

How to watch US Nats

So Icenetwork published their schedule; not looking too good; I can't find Ladies short anywhere and none of the finals. So I guess I won't be paying the subscription fee.

I know NBC will show the finals live; but is there any way to access that when in Europe? Any other ideas?

?

Icenetwork coverage is very good. They are showing every event live, except for the senior finals, which will be shown live on NBC.

Paying the bills
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    So Icenetwork published their schedule; not looking too good; I can't find Ladies short anywhere and none of the finals.
    From the Icenetwork schedule:

Thursday, January 21
    Championship Ladies Short Program and Hall of Fame Ceremony: 10:30 p.m. (ET)

The senior men's, pairs and ladies free skates and the senior free dance will be shown live on NBC. Please check your local NBC affiliate for an accurate schedule. These events will be posted on icenetwork.com for on-demand viewing on the following dates after 12:00 p.m. ET.
    Tuesday, January 19: Senior Men's Free Skate, Senior Pair's Free Skate
    Tuesday, January 26: Senior Ladies Free Skate, Senior Free Dance

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    NBC's affiliate channel Universal Sports will be airing all Senior events in their entirety. Switch to NBC for final groups and the HD experience. That's what I'm doing. I may watch some Junior events on IN, and the CD, but I don't really care about anything before the Senior level, and usually the final groups.

Down With It
    Isn't IN usually "geoblocked" outside the US, anyway?

Maybe satellite TV in your area has American channels. At least that's how some Japanese apparently are able to see it...

Custom Title
    Well, that's the thing about all this TV coverage. We get to watch our favorites lose in high definition.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Well, that's the thing about all this TV coverage. We get to watch our favorites lose in high definition.
    or win...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Isn't IN usually "geoblocked" outside the US, anyway?

Maybe satellite TV in your area has American channels. At least that's how some Japanese apparently are able to see it...
    Don't think it's TV, unless they have a Slingbox set up with a connection to somebody in the USA. More likely it's computer-based solution.

If you are outside the USA, you generally will need a VPN (virtual private network) with a US-based server to get around the geoblocking. (This also works for Canadian events shown via Skatebuzz--but you need a Canadian based server instead). Some global VPN services (private non-corporate) have servers located in multiple countries so if you have such a service but are defaulted to a different country's server, check with the provider to see if they can get you alternate access. Proxy servers can sometimes work and there are many more free proxies than VPN services, but many of the proxies don't work well with streaming, or are blocked out by the streaming source.

Most larger corporations have VPN's and if you have access to one with a US-based server, you'd need to check to make sure you aren't violating corporate rules, and/or aren't prevented from access by the corporate router/firewall.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Icenetwork blocks AOL, for example, because of the use of proxy servers, so chances are, a proxy server won't work, I would think. The VPN with a US based server is a more sure option.

Rinkside
    FYI, Universal Sports can be a problem; they listed the men's/pairs short programs to start at 9:30 p.m. PST but they started earlier even though another show was listed on the cable guide. :sheesh:

Quote Originally Posted by ilsalund View Post
    FYI, Universal Sports can be a problem; they listed the men's/pairs short programs to start at 9:30 p.m. PST but they started earlier even though another show was listed on the cable guide. :sheesh:
    Yeah, unfortunately we experienced the same thing Tivo recorded it but the schedule changed yesterday & I had no idea to change it. So we missed the beginning. I was on a plane when it started, so I couldn't change it even if I had known that they changed the times. Thank god for reruns

On the Ice
    Any stream to watch out of Canada and US? I live in Brazil!