How to watch US Nats | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How to watch US Nats

beep_beep

Medalist
Any stream to watch out of Canada and US? I live in Brazil!
I'm trying everything, *everything*, to no avail...

Guess for us is no skating now and the dumbest commentators ever when the olympics come.
(I seriously hope Letícia has better luck :agree: )

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Any stream to watch out of Canada and US? I live in Brazil!

Juli, I'm outside the US and had an excellent quality free stream using the TVU player, channel 79538 "NBC 4" broadcasting out of southern California. However, NBC is only broadcasting the Senior Free Skate Events, the schedule I have as follows (all times US Eastern)--but cross check other sources on that timing:
Pairs: just completed, but I think taped rerun will be broadcast at some point
Mens FS: Sunday 1/17 16:30
Dance Free: Saturday 1/23 15:00
Ladies Free: Saturday 1/23 21:00

Universal is broadcasting SP's (pairs/mens already completed) and OD's but I haven't got that sussed out on accessing the live stream yet...working on it. I do not subscribe to Icenetwork (which if outside the US you can't access except if using US-based VPN), so can't get everything at will.

If you don't already have the TVU Player free software, google for the free download. Set up is not difficult.

Last edited:
Uni-Sports was supposed to rebroadcast the men's SP but they didn't. NBC neither. Just pairs? Anybody know anything I don't?

beep_beep

Medalist
Juli, I'm outside the US and had an excellent quality free stream using the TVU player, channel 79538 "NBC 4" broadcasting out of southern California.

The heat is making me dumb(er): I think I tried all NBC channels but this one...:laugh:

Many thanks!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Juli, I'm outside the US and had an excellent quality free stream using the TVU player, channel 79538 "NBC 4" broadcasting out of southern California. However, NBC is only broadcasting the Senior Free Skate Events, the schedule I have as follows (all times US Eastern)--but cross check other sources on that timing:
Pairs: just completed, but I think taped rerun will be broadcast at some point
Mens FS: Sunday 1/17 16:30
Dance Free: Saturday 1/23 15:00
Ladies Free: Saturday 1/23 21:00

Universal is broadcasting SP's (pairs/mens already completed) and OD's but I haven't got that sussed out on accessing the live stream yet...working on it. I do not subscribe to Icenetwork (which if outside the US you can't access except if using US-based VPN), so can't get everything at will.

If you don't already have the TVU Player free software, google for the free download. Set up is not difficult.

Your feed won't be live, either: CA and the west coast get the broadcast on a 3-hour delay

beep_beep

Medalist
Well,

2p2
adthe
channelsurfing
fromsport

Nothing.
I'm not good when it comes to searching on JustinTV.

PS: JLC also has a NBC 4.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Your feed won't be live, either: CA and the west coast get the broadcast on a 3-hour delay

Whatever I saw via TVU Player was absolutely live in real time. So maybe the online channel I saw is not on the delay schedule like the regular TV broadcast?

I tried channelsurfing.net before that and got a live feed, but the quality was so poor and choppy as to be unwatchable, though that could be my location and you could have better luck. Justin.tv didn't seem to have anybody online with a feed (it's better for the Asia-located competitions).

Also: remember that it doesn't good to try to get feeds during times when nothing is showing live or on replay! Best shot is to see if you can access the channels for anything, skating or not, in advance. Then try to get on again just at the start of a skating session--for which a search of recent GS posts (futureidol?) can get you started.

Last edited:

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
IceNetwork doesn't have 'blackout' restriction applied for US Nationals, which means you can see their coverage just fine even if you live outside North America.

Futureidol, you posted:

The Ladies SP LIVE will air on Thursday January 21st at

10:30 PM EST on Ice Network (includes HALL OF FAME CEREMONY)

or

12:30 PM EST on Universal Sports

Just to clarify - that's 10:30 pm and also noon-ish on Friday? or do you mean 12:30 am just after midnight on Univ. Sports, on Thus. night?

I really need to know. Life and death! :confused:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Unlike the men's free skate, it looks like NBC will be tape delaying the ladies free skate for those on the West Coast for prime-time ratings (I would assume).

What that means: You will be able to watch the first two groups on Ice Network LIVE from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. local time — but then you have to wait to watch the last two groups until 9 p.m. local time, one hour after the competition is completed. :(

I don't see any reason it couldn't be earlier, they don't really have anything before it that would warrant delaying it. (Just CSI and a rerun of Mercy). Maybe NBC will change their mind?

That means for me that if I want any suspense, I will have to ignore Twitter, GS and well frankly the entire Internet.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Unlike the men's free skate, it looks like NBC will be tape delaying the ladies free skate for those on the West Coast for prime-time ratings (I would assume).

What that means: You will be able to watch the first two groups on Ice Network LIVE from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. local time — but then you have to wait to watch the last two groups until 9 p.m. local time, one hour after the competition is completed. :(

I don't see any reason it couldn't be earlier, they don't really have anything before it that would warrant delaying it. (Just CSI and a rerun of Mercy). Maybe NBC will change their mind?

That means for me that if I want any suspense, I will have to ignore Twitter, GS and well frankly the entire Internet.

Why can't they show it on Universal Sports live like they did for the SP? This is the first time they showed/I watched the entire thing (4 hours!!!!!!) live. Very cool of Universal sports to do so.

Juli®

Rinkside
Hi, everyone!

Anyone have a streaming to watch live US Nats? I don't find any. Universal Sport and Icenetwork are geo-blocking to my area! :cry:

vicsht

Spectator
Israel

To those of you from Israel. There are reruns of the competition on fox sport all week long.

Last edited: