Flatt plans to skate through college | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Flatt plans to skate through college

R.D.

Record Breaker
yeah...it's the men/pairs weekend...I'll sit that one out...one more week until the ladies' comp!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010...ares-for-us-nationals-and-olympics-video.html

She's skating through college. :rock:
Still insisting on Stanford after 12/15, so maybe she wasn't rejected/deferred there. :clap:

Her performance on the Today Show.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/34765532#34765532

Thanks for the videos! Rachael seems in good spirits and she's so pretty! Good looking bunch of girls at this year's nationals :agree:

Also, why doesn't Rachael do a nice donut spin like she did in that performance in her programs? Much prettier than the usual catchfoot ones she does

Last edited:

mandykane21

Rinkside
Also, why doesn't Rachael do a nice donut spin like she did in that performance in her programs? Much prettier than the usual catchfoot ones she does

I know! I wondered that after watching her at Skate America. It's such a nice position for her! Maybe it dosen't get the same amount of points.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Universal Sports showed a slow mo of her jumps after her program ended and she rotated that triple-triple and has a true lutz. :rock:

The top 3 are so close. OMG.

Congrat Rachael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm rooting for you on Saturday.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
YES! Rachael skated really well. If she got her layback spin level 4, she could have won. But I am sure she will do well on Saturday and make OLYMPIC team!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Rachael will make the team, no doubt about it, and she will have earned it!:thumbsup:

Then I expect her to place a nice respectable Top 10 finish at the Olympics (maybe even 5th; definitely the highest place finisher amongst the two ladies).

After this year she will do as the Hughes Sisters did & go to school full time while dabbling with skating on the side.:cool:

gio

Medalist
Rachael's Sing Sing Sing was really ok. She sold the program artistically. Maybe it was a little bit campy, but remember that she is portaying a 20s dancer, so the interpretation should be a little bit over the top. And she really did great. She really seemed a girl from the roaring twenties.

She also has a good 3 Lutz. Kudos to her in fixing the jump. :clap: