What about Angela as an Ice Dancer, or anyone else you'd like to nominate | Golden Skate

What about Angela as an Ice Dancer, or anyone else you'd like to nominate

sk8m8

Final Flight
What about Angela as an Ice Dancer, or anyone else you'd like to nominate

Seems to me that the American Ice scene has passed Angela N by. Even if this isn't the case, her competition is 2-3 times as great as when she last skated well in competition without injury.

My question is...." Do or don't you think that Angela would be an excellent Ice Dancer. "

She has great edging, carriage, stroking and presence; all things that great ice dancers need for success. I could see her taking her strong technique and transferring it, thus eliminating the need for her to turn pro at a time when pro skating seems to have hit a lull.

Any comments or suggestions for other skaters for whom this could be a viable option?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
sk8m8:

That's a hard question to answer with just a yes or a no. Usually skaters choose the discipline they love the best; obviously Angela's choice is free skating. Ice dance is not for everyone. All skaters, of course learn the dances, but choosing ice dance discipline as a competitive choice is a different story.

It takes years to gel with a partner and if she prefers to skate as a single skater that would not work well. Angela does have a nice flow.

Interesting thought though. I always thought Kurt Browning would be a natural for ice dance. He has such a presence on the ice and knows how to interpret music.

Taan

On the Ice
No! No! No! Angela is robotic + stiff with her presentation she has no emotion when she skates, she is he antithesis of a good ice dancer.....i could see her in pairs though with a dramatic male partner like john zimmerman , would complement her "cool" style.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
maybe Andrejs Vlascenko?

I just saw his program in Skate America, and wow, that guy has wonderful edges! He is reminiscent of Gwendal Peizerat, the way he moved to the music, and his feet...not a copy of Yagudin, but his own style. His arms weren't all over the place, and he's nice and tall. Perfect for dance. But what country would they skate for?