Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Weir Interview on The Daily Beast

Shoe Diva

Johnny Weir Interview on The Daily Beast

Johnny at his most outstanding ever... Johnny is keepin' it real, as usual...best skating interview I've ever read...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...nny-weir/full/

Custom Title
    Thanks for posting this, I read it earlier today but was just waiting for someone to post it here!

Johnny reminds me so much of a couple of friends I had in college, which is probably why I like him so much despite everything. Lol, I may not agree with everything Johnny says or does (HUGE understatement), but hey that's what makes us all unique. The world would be a boring place if we all were the same.

He's growing up, still immature in my humble opinion, but as he experiences & ages with life I see him getting more mature. Lol, though sometimes people never grow up no matter the age.

GOOOOOOOOOO JOHNNY!!!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Weir
    Windexing and organizing closets and painting my nails. I'm happier,
    I love it.....you're right KW, good interview.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    The Daily Beast: You should write a book.

Weir: I definitely want to write a book. Not about figure skating! Just about the beauty and the ugliness of figure skating. The dirt.

The Daily Beast: Will you tell all?

Weir: I will name names. I don't care who sues me after it. People will love it. I always have my Mafia connections if nothing else. As soon as I don't need to be politically correct anymore, I will drop the bomb.

Medalist
    Great interview. Whether you agree with Johnny or not, at least he has no fear of expressing a real personality and not boring us with the same PC, USFS-approved quotes we hear from dozens of other male skaters about how they really wanted to be hockey players and are just so very embarrassed by all the sequins and spandex they are forced to wear while bringing masculinity to the sport of figure skating.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I, too, would love to read Johnny's ruthless book about figure skating.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    That book would be a best seller for sure. I laughed so much at the XBox comment. I mean can you imagine Johnny in a dark room, surrounded by junk food, and glued to his XBox? Johnny was meant to be a skater and I think he will continue to be one for a long time to come, whether he skates another year or goes pro. He has so much more in him to dazzle us with.

Also there's a picture of Johnny in today's issue of USA Today and it is the most gorgeous image I've ever seen!!!
    Last edited by futureidol; 01-13-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Custom Title

Weir: I will name names. I don't care who sues me after it. People will love it. I always have my Mafia connections if nothing else. As soon as I don't need to be politically correct anymore, I will drop the bomb.
    Johnny is politically correct????

Custom Title
    Lol, I've read so many articles about Johnny lately that I cannot keep track of them all!

But I've finally managed to locate this one: http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/...bold-questions

This one is my favorite because of his answer in response to the interviewer asking him about Evan Lysacek, his arch rival, rotflmao!

The part where he says he no longer wants to smear his face into the ground is the funniest thing I've read in a long long time. He reminds me of my much loved adorable 6 yr. old nephew when he says that.:chorus:

Also, he admits he's older now & wiser, thank goodness, and knows that he's too old to act like a child. Yet the only thing I would honestly caution Johnny about is to be more respectful of the judges, especially now. I would hope it would come natural, but if not, make nice, Johnny, make nice.

The Daily Beast: You should write a book.

Weir: I definitely want to write a book. Not about figure skating! Just about the beauty and the ugliness of figure skating. The dirt.

That's the part I was about to quote! I cannot wait! I hope he gets the book out as soon as he's done with skating!

Ant

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    johnnys twitter:

Me and my spotlight are in Spokane.

I love him!

he says he had good practice.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Weir: And I thought if they didn't want to send me, they don't need me. I was like okay, I'm done. What's the next step? I'll go teach Catholic school, I'll go sew buttons on sweaters.

I think I like his character off the ice more than his skating.. Johnny, you rock my world with your interviews!

I thought Johnny's NY Timeout interview was even funnier, especially his answer to the last question:
    Do you skate in fur?
    I’ve been designing this week a new costume, and I’m trying to include some fur. I’m supposed to be a fallen angel, that was my idea. Just a little touch of fur.

Not a big Doctor Zhivago hat?
    I save those for the bedroom, like everyone should.
    I strongly disapprove of fur unless people live in the arctic, but .

ETA: another interview, this one on ESPN. It's good stuff.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 01-14-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added another link

Custom Title
    "I save those for the bedroom, like everyone should."

:chorus::chorus: indeed.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Not a big Doctor Zhivago hat?
    I save those for the bedroom, like everyone should.
    oh god
    this was an advice for Tarasova?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast