Jeremy Abbott | Golden Skate

Jeremy Abbott

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Loved the tidbit about black-and-white print of a canal scene in Amsterdam. That gave me an idea.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Thanks. Sounds like the move was more about growing up and leaving home than leaving Tom Z. Well that is good, and I am glad everything is working out. I can't wait to see him at nationals!!!

Well, after the article spent the first two-and-a-half paragraphs dumping on Detroit and Pontiac and finally got around to discussing Jeremy... :laugh:

Hey, guy, I've been to Denver. Except for the dinosaur museum I wasn't all that impressed. :laugh:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Well, after the article spent the first two-and-a-half paragraphs dumping on Detroit and Pontiac and finally got around to discussing Jeremy... :laugh:

Hey, guy, I've been to Denver. Except for the dinosaur museum I wasn't all that impressed. :laugh:

I am not the biggest Denver fan - but drive 45 minutes west and it is like being in heaven!

musiclover

Spectator

Jeremy isn't from Denver. He was born in Aspen, several hours west of Denver, and he trained in Colorado Springs, about an hour and a half south of Denver.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Loved the tidbit about black-and-white print of a canal scene in Amsterdam. That gave me an idea.

Now I am curious....like you are making a banner?

When I read about the print I got the picture of people skating on frozen canals in NL since 1600.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Now I am curious....like you are making a banner?
Oh, that'd be great, but I'm not that creative, I'm afraid. I was thinking about buying someting in a gift shop, something related to Amsterdam, for the opposite wall in his apartment? Since I'm going to Worlds in March.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Oh, that'd be great, but I'm not that creative, I'm afraid. I was thinking about buying someting in a gift shop, something related to Amsterdam, for the opposite wall in his apartment? Since I'm going to Worlds in March.

Aha, what a great idea! Because you are sure Jeremy will be there and you can throw this....?.....on the ice for him :clap: Find something nice, he is worth it :agree:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Because you are sure Jeremy will be there and you can throw this....?.....on the ice for him :clap:
I'm pretty much sure he'll be there :yes: Yes, I was thinking about something.. throwable. Or, could leave the present at the hotel desk (did it before, although have no idea if the skater got it, I hope he did).

he is worth it :agree:
Oh absolutely.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker

I'm with you Mathman... The best part about the city of Denver was the lack of humidity - and good hair days were had by all - I hope that a bit of the Motor City gives Jeremy the edge that he needs for success

janetfan

Match Penalty
- I hope that a bit of the Motor City gives Jeremy the edge that he needs for success

Congratulations to Jeremy - what great skates at Natls :clap:

Many are giving credit to Yuka and Jason which seems well deserved :yes:.

But I wonder if Kwanford Wife hit on something here.

Has Motown rubbed off on Jeremy and made him a little tougher?
I thought he looked a little edgier and that it was Evan and Johnny who looked nervous.

Thankyou Yuka, thankyou Motown! Thankyou Jeremy!
Here is a Stevie Wonder classic about the city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSRy...9915C7CC8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

Last edited:

luvsasha

Final Flight
Detroit and Michigan are just awesome, and so many great skaters train there. I'm happy that Jeremy is there too, with all the other amazing skaters like Meryl/Charlie, Alissa, Tessa/Scott,..the list goes on.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Detroit and Michigan are just awesome, and so many great skaters train there. I'm happy that Jeremy is there too, with all the other amazing skaters like Meryl/Charlie, Alissa, Tessa/Scott,..the list goes on.

If only Detroit had the same effect on Alissa .......;)