Flying Layback? | Golden Skate

Flying Layback?

gfskater

On the Ice
Has anyone done a flying layback in competition? I see it in the rules but I have never seen one attempted. Just curious if anyone has done one and what it would look like.

I assume you need to obtain the layback position in the air?
Can you straighten up before landing?

It sounds like it would be difficult and possibly dangerous.

I only found one video on the web of someone doing what she calls a flying layback but I am pretty sure she is not doing it right. She is doing a flying upright into a layback spin.

herro

On the Ice
I remember Korean skater Ji Eun Choi used to do a "flying layback." I didn't think too much of it. I thought it was cool at first, but it didn't seem like much actually.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
That sounds like a safety hazard...I hope no one tries this.

It is a very very very dangerous move but then again when you consider figure skating there are also plenty other moves that are dangerous as well, haha.

herro

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQvL27eivQ

Here's Korean Ji Eun Choi doing the flying layback (around 3:30). She enters it with a flying sit kind of approach.

Earlier in the program, she does the "pearl spin" into a biellmann as Caroline used to do it. Some say Ji Eun is the first to have done it.

Well, here it is. :)

BlackAxel

Final Flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQvL27eivQ

Here's Korean Ji Eun Choi doing the flying layback (around 3:30). She enters it with a flying sit kind of approach.

Earlier in the program, she does the "pearl spin" into a biellmann as Caroline used to do it. Some say Ji Eun is the first to have done it.

Well, here it is. :)

Yeah I do think Ji Eun Choi was the one of if not the first to do the pearl spin into the the beillmann. Caroline just popularized her version that was faster and also very hyperextended in terms of flexibility and all.