Domnina/Shabalin's FD performance at Delaware | Golden Skate

Domnina/Shabalin's FD performance at Delaware

life684

Final Flight
Here is the link to the FD of Domnina & Shabalin's Performed at Nationals Send-Off Exhibition at Delaware. It is better than their performance at nationals and she seems to fall out steps less often than at Russian nationals, but saying that they are very very slow and he is still struggling. I don't know whether they will be ready for Europeans or for that matter for Olympics

AdamFan

Rinkside
The commentators are Aunt Joyce and WestPalmB****.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

n_halifax

Here is the link to the FD of Domnina & Shabalin's Performed at Nationals Send-Off Exhibition at Delaware. It is better than their performance at nationals and she seems to fall out steps less often than at Russian nationals, but saying that they are very very slow and he is still struggling. I don't know whether they will be ready for Europeans or for that matter for Olympics

I would tend to you agree with you - far better than Nationals but still looking very raw.

futureidol

On the Ice
The commentators were catty !!! They need to show some respect to the skaters and keep their traps shut. How could anyone enjoy that with some nitwit calling Maxim a cripple, laughing, and insulting the skating non-stop?

Moxie

On the Ice
Oh hell... I was hoping many of their problems at RNats were due to jet lag. And their FD has the potential to be my favorite of the season. But this isn't how you want to look in September, never mind mid-January.

ankka

Rinkside
Yeah, it looks worrying. They'll not have enough time to make it good, I'm afraid. But I hope I'm wrong. Some parts were working quite well.

Still. Those "commentators" were extremely offensive. I think it's admirable they still keep on skating with all the problems. I have arthritis myself and dance although it is extremely hard at times. But having people laughing at you certainly doesn't help.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DomShabs were incredibly slow, and there were still lots of mistakes. I don't think they are top 10 caliber, but they will probably be on the podium anyway, and that will cause a HUGE stink.

mishieru07

On the Ice
what make you think so? i don't understand this mentality

You would if you believed in eville Russian konspiracy theories (which chuckm does).

They will medal based on the fact that they're Russians and Linichuck is a master of politiking.

Well if Aunt Joyce and Westpalm**** were commenting, I'm not surprised at the snarkiness. It was mean-spirited but kinda expected coming from them.

Best of luck to them. They've improved somewhat from Russian Nats but I don't think they can even match up to Thornhill V/M or Nebelhorn D/W yet.

KKonas

Medalist
DomShabs were incredibly slow, and there were still lots of mistakes. I don't think they are top 10 caliber, but they will probably be on the podium anyway, and that will cause a HUGE stink.

I don't see any improvement at all. In fact they missed a move around the 4:00 - 4:05 mark and just stopped, looking confused. I don't see how they can improve enough to make the podium. It's painful to watch them. If they do make the podium in Vancouver in this kind of shape, Canadian IOC member Dick Pound will definitely seek to have ice dancing thrown out of the Olympics. He's tried it before and was unsuccessful, but another scandal in ice dancing would probably succeed in getting it eliminated.

...If they do make the podium in Vancouver in this kind of shape, Canadian IOC member Dick Pound will definitely seek to have ice dancing thrown out of the Olympics...

In that case we had better hope for a fairly judged competition with Virtue and Moir coming out on top. :yes:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
What a great club sklhow when you can see thr top two teams in the world! Both look their best yet, which for Domina and Shabalin is not hard to do. Yes, they were extremely slow, but I actually enjoyed the program. They have a long way to go before even being podium worthy- and if judging is fair consider it a big longshot right now.
Tanith and Ben on the other hand remeemed themselves for me. They had speed, precision and passion. This is a great Olympic freedance. I love Davis and White, but I a crossing my fingers for Tanith and Ben at Nationals. POTO still does not look as polished as Ave Maria and for me, does not have the emtion.

stevlin

On the Ice
Dom and Shab are slow

I think Dom/Shab are skating very slowly these days. Their music was dull as well. I hope the judges at the Olympics are fair this time around. Worlds 2008 I feel Davis and White were outstanding. So were Virtue/Moir and Belbin/Agosto.

jcoates

Medalist
I wonder if all these public pronouncements and accusations from Hersh, Pound and others may be bit of political gamesmanship in and of itself. A preemptive strike of sorts to put the ISU leadership on notice that the western media and viewing public still have SLC fresh in their memory and would not view controversy well.

Perhaps the aim is to make judges behave as if they had someone looking over their shoulder the whole time to ensure fairness. We'll see.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
What a great club sklhow when you can see thr top two teams in the world! Both look their best yet, which for Domina and Shabalin is not hard to do. Yes, they were extremely slow, but I actually enjoyed the program. They have a long way to go before even being podium worthy- and if judging is fair consider it a big longshot right now.
Tanith and Ben on the other hand remeemed themselves for me. They had speed, precision and passion. This is a great Olympic freedance. I love Davis and White, but I a crossing my fingers for Tanith and Ben at Nationals. POTO still does not look as polished as Ave Maria and for me, does not have the emtion.

Thanks for the nice and informative comments on both teams! Glad Tanith and Ben have won you (back?) over with their program.

oxade21

Match Penalty
Amazing performance by Dom/Shabs given their condition. Big improvement over Russians Nats. I think this is clearly Olympic Gold Medal contender.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amazing performance by Dom/Shabs given their condition. Big improvement over Russians Nats. I think this is clearly Olympic Gold Medal contender.

I saw very little improvement over Russian Nationals, and they were still slow as snails. Unless they get their speed back and Max is able to skate on one foot, they should not even be near the podium.

The OGM is not a pity prize, and DomShabs already got their lifetime achievement award at Worlds 2009.