Stephane Lambiel news | Golden Skate

Stephane Lambiel news

Vlad

On the Ice
The article about Lambiel you can find at Skatebuzz.com

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm glad that Lambiel has changed his LP! Not that his Tango LP was bad per se, but the competition version didn't stun and awe me like his Flamenco. La Traviata has some great music, so I have high hopes for this new program....

schiele

Final Flight
I'm glad that Lambiel has changed his LP! Not that his Tango LP was bad per se, but the competition version didn't stun and awe me like his Flamenco. La Traviata has some great music, so I have high hopes for this new program....

Yes, the competition version was too watered down and unlike Lambiel. I always expect greatness from him when it comes to choreogeaphy.. So I understand he'll debut the new LP at EC.. I can't wait to see!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I read about this the other day and am intrigued, as I love "La Traviata". So am looking forward to what Stephane has in store for us all.

I honestly hope I will be impressed because the truth of the matter is that I have honestly (as God is my witness) never got what so many others seem to get (i.e. both Stephane Lambiel & Jeffrey Buttle's artistry). I've tried, believe me, but I've come to the conclusion that this is another beauty is in the eye of the beholder situation for me.

To this day nobody comes close to John Curry for me when it comes to men's artistry, though I have to say Emanuel Sandhu was a beauty to behold when he was on.

Here's wishing Stephane Lambiel the absolute best! I want him totally injury free & healthy at the Olympics, make it one for the ages, bring it on!

:love::love::love::love:GOOOOOOOO STEPHANE!!!!:love::love::love::love:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I had seen traviata opereta last year for the first time in my life and the music and story dazzled me, I m excited about the Lp change and I m thinking what he will come up with. And looking forward to the new costume!:rock:

Wicked

Final Flight
I don't like La Traviata but I think he needs a new program. The tango had gotten stale and was kind of boring as a competitive program with so much of the choreo removed to make room for the jumps. I love Stéphane but the Tell SP is not doing it for me. I'm hoping he'll do something interesting with La Traviata.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I haven't seen him for ages in comps and I feel that this will be really a mysterious and curious Olympics for me. It feels to me as if both Plushy and Lambiel would show up at the Olympics almost out of nowhere. I know that many of you guys have seen them at shows and that they have already competed this season though. But Plushy got the OGM and I didn't imagine that he'd come back. Also Lambiel retired in such a convincing manner. It's interesting that both of them made that decision. I hope that I will have a chance to see the Euros.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had seen traviata opereta last year for the first time in my life and the music and story dazzled me, I m excited about the Lp change and I m thinking what he will come up with. And looking forward to the new costume!:rock:

Stephane can make my goosebumps have goosebumps!!!! He makes me want to start smoking again!!!

futureidol

On the Ice
Stephane can make my goosebumps have goosebumps!!!! He makes me want to start smoking again!!!

:laugh: I love all your posts Dee! I might have an emergency cigarette or two tonight for the Men's SP! Stéphane definitely has the best dancer ability (and spin ability) of any male skater out there! His exhibition pieces are incredible. The massive void left by my king Alexei was hard to fill and probably can never be filled really. I just hope Weir (God willing he gets there), Lambiel, and Takahashi can amaze is in Vancouver like Yagudin (I predicted in 98 he would win the next one!) did in Salt Lake. *fingers crossed I'm right again*

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, thanks for posting this! :)

I now begin to see what others see in Stephane, in particular beginning at 1:29 minutes into his program until the very end, sublime. He really is a superb spinner as well...love the variation on that one sit spin wherein his hand is in the air & it looks as if it is actually undulating....beautiful to see. As well his ending headless spin was fab!:thumbsup:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow. His skating skills are beyond anyone else (including patrick chan) by a lightyear. He just floats across the ice. The music is just beautiful, the opening cuts are so much softer and more sensitive than most of the Men's choices. Beautiful. That he and Sasha could both be back at the same olympics is a dream come true.