Rochette faces bumpy journey to Vancouver - Season filled with many of tears for Cana | Golden Skate

Rochette faces bumpy journey to Vancouver - Season filled with many of tears for Cana

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It sounds like she had difficulty dealing with attention. I hope that she is back on track now. We will know it in a few hours perhaps.

Yes, I think she's had too much travel and too many distractions this season. She has said in the past this season that she's had difficulty saying no to all the opportunities that have arrived due to her success last season. That world silver medal is possibly the best and worst thing to happen to her at this crucial point in her career. She has to get her focus and confidence back before that Olympic SP.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I hope she'll buckle down now and sort of 'seclude' herself for the next month. The LP at Canadians proved that she can certainly do it when she sets her mind to it. I'd love to see her skate like that in Vancouver. She's got to take a page out of the Liz Manley storybook and just go out there to savour the experience while trusting her training. If she overthinks it, or tries too hard, or worries about the medals, it won't happen. All the skaters who have had magical Olympic performances have said the same thing, "I just really wanted to enjoy the experience." That's what Joannie needs to do.