Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Domnina/Shabalin's FD performance at Delaware

Custom Title

Domnina/Shabalin's FD performance at Delaware

Here is the link to the FD of Domnina & Shabalin's Performed at Nationals Send-Off Exhibition at Delaware. It is better than their performance at nationals and she seems to fall out steps less often than at Russian nationals, but saying that they are very very slow and he is still struggling. I don't know whether they will be ready for Europeans or for that matter for Olympics

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I see that the same youtube poster also posted Tanith and Ben's FD performance from the same show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdyM7...eature=channel

Medalist
    The commentators are Aunt Joyce and WestPalmB****.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-12-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Here is the link to the FD of Domnina & Shabalin's Performed at Nationals Send-Off Exhibition at Delaware. It is better than their performance at nationals and she seems to fall out steps less often than at Russian nationals, but saying that they are very very slow and he is still struggling. I don't know whether they will be ready for Europeans or for that matter for Olympics
    I would tend to you agree with you - far better than Nationals but still looking very raw.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groshkova View Post
    The commentators are Aunt Joyce and WestPalmB****.
    really unnecessary
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-12-2010 at 06:29 AM.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    The commentators were catty !!! They need to show some respect to the skaters and keep their traps shut. How could anyone enjoy that with some nitwit calling Maxim a cripple, laughing, and insulting the skating non-stop?
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-12-2010 at 06:29 AM.

Oh hell... I was hoping many of their problems at RNats were due to jet lag. And their FD has the potential to be my favorite of the season. But this isn't how you want to look in September, never mind mid-January.

Medalist
    Yeah, it looks worrying. They'll not have enough time to make it good, I'm afraid. But I hope I'm wrong. Some parts were working quite well.

Still. Those "commentators" were extremely offensive. I think it's admirable they still keep on skating with all the problems. I have arthritis myself and dance although it is extremely hard at times. But having people laughing at you certainly doesn't help.

Custom Title
    Yeah, I stopped watching as it was far too mean-spirited. I mean, shouldn't we be rooting for them?

Custom Title
    DomShabs were incredibly slow, and there were still lots of mistakes. I don't think they are top 10 caliber, but they will probably be on the podium anyway, and that will cause a HUGE stink.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    but they will probably be on the podium anyway
    what make you think so? i don't understand this mentality

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    what make you think so? i don't understand this mentality
    You would if you believed in eville Russian konspiracy theories (which chuckm does).

They will medal based on the fact that they're Russians and Linichuck is a master of politiking.

Well if Aunt Joyce and Westpalm**** were commenting, I'm not surprised at the snarkiness. It was mean-spirited but kinda expected coming from them.

Best of luck to them. They've improved somewhat from Russian Nats but I don't think they can even match up to Thornhill V/M or Nebelhorn D/W yet.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 01-12-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    DomShabs were incredibly slow, and there were still lots of mistakes. I don't think they are top 10 caliber, but they will probably be on the podium anyway, and that will cause a HUGE stink.
    I don't see any improvement at all. In fact they missed a move around the 4:00 - 4:05 mark and just stopped, looking confused. I don't see how they can improve enough to make the podium. It's painful to watch them. If they do make the podium in Vancouver in this kind of shape, Canadian IOC member Dick Pound will definitely seek to have ice dancing thrown out of the Olympics. He's tried it before and was unsuccessful, but another scandal in ice dancing would probably succeed in getting it eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    ...If they do make the podium in Vancouver in this kind of shape, Canadian IOC member Dick Pound will definitely seek to have ice dancing thrown out of the Olympics...
    In that case we had better hope for a fairly judged competition with Virtue and Moir coming out on top.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    What a great club sklhow when you can see thr top two teams in the world! Both look their best yet, which for Domina and Shabalin is not hard to do. Yes, they were extremely slow, but I actually enjoyed the program. They have a long way to go before even being podium worthy- and if judging is fair consider it a big longshot right now.
    Tanith and Ben on the other hand remeemed themselves for me. They had speed, precision and passion. This is a great Olympic freedance. I love Davis and White, but I a crossing my fingers for Tanith and Ben at Nationals. POTO still does not look as polished as Ave Maria and for me, does not have the emtion.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast