Thread: Tessa and Scott Changed Some of FD?

Hybrid View

Question Tessa and Scott Changed Some of FD?

Was listening to the Sportscast on Toronto 6pm Supper Hour Cast and Lance Brown just said they had to take out "The Goose Lift" because it's now considered an illiegal lift.

First...Is it true they had to do this? If so, is it the no hands lift?

Custom Title
    Yes, the "goose" is the no hands lift. I didn't hear that but only that Tessa had to change the dismount. It doesn't surprise me that something as difficult and spectacular would be deemed illegal especially in an olympic year. If this is true, I find it highly suspect.

Custom Title
    That is odd since they have been competing with it all year and getting credit for it.

At my computer watching Meryl and Charlie skate!
    Yes, I heard that they had to change the dismount. Illegal. I think they are keeping the lift itself, though. It is odd that they've had no deduction for it thus far and now it is being termed illegal.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    They've done it, what - 3 or 4 times so far? No illegal call, not once. I thought in GPF the dismount already looked a bit different. But I don't get what part of it is illegal. The landing?

Found an article:
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...WRy0XB3xKfiYFw

Seems it "may" be viewed as illegal so they don't want to take chances with it. Apparently, the grey area is the dismount. It's too bad - it really was a "wow" move! I hope the altered version is still something unique.

Custom Title
    it seems to me that tessa more Jumps off of moir-whereas meryl davis--steps to me a difference-
    why in my mind (it is a jump) whereas as mery just steps-but what do i know.
    not much.

sorry-if i don't make any sense