Senior Mens SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Senior Mens SP

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Lysacek opened with a step out on his triple Axel, but was rock solid from that point forward.

"The only real thing that I have been struggling with this week here is the width of the rink," Lysacek admitted half jokingly. "I got too close to the wall on the Axel, but that happens. I'm big. I have to make sure that I'm not hitting the judges. I think that one of the judges thought that I was going to land on her."

:rofl::rofl:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:scratch: How is the width of this rink any different from any other ice rink that has hosted the US Nationals? Didn't he win Nationals on this same ice in 2007 at Spokane? Lysacek doesn't train on Olympic size ice like the Japanese skaters, does he? What an odd comment/excuse!

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they're all built differently, and just because he had a good nationals there a couple of years ago it doesn't mean he won't crap out this time because of the issues.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
:scratch: How is the width of this rink any different from any other ice rink that has hosted the US Nationals? Didn't he win Nationals on this same ice in 2007 at Spokane? Lysacek doesn't train on Olympic size ice like the Japanese skaters, does he? What an odd comment/excuse!

Toyota Sports Center has both a Olympic rink and a NHL rink. Freestyle sessions are held in the Olympic rink, so yes he does. Adam seemed to also have a problem with the ice size.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Oh, but come on. That man can never admit that he has made a mistake and that he is responsible for that mistake. Triple Axel underrotated? --> the judges just look at it from the wrong perspective. Edge-call on Flip --> it just seems that way because he holds his foot so and so (I actually forgot what he said exactly about that, but it was definitely not his fault either)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
look at his coach's mentality... it's not like he doesn't get fed that in the K&C, too... he probably really believes what he says and isn't just ignoring mistakes.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toyota Sports Center has both a Olympic rink and a NHL rink. Freestyle sessions are held in the Olympic rink, so yes he does. Adam seemed to also have a problem with the ice size.

But they've had this week in practice and warm-ups to acclimate to the size of this rink . . . it just seems like another cop-out excuse from Evan. But, as Tonichelle says, I think Frank is also to blame for feeding all this into Evan's head. They're both coming across as very big-headed in their comments, which I find very annoying.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ice network and NBCUniversal Sports are really good about nailing their stuff on youtube keeping it from being uploaded

seniorita

Record Breaker
i love johnny , i liked his program since Rostelecom, he sold it here!

But where are the transitions on this program? I see first three jumps, spin, circular, straight, spin. Just a question it is, this board has made me nuts with remarks about transitions or lack of..i ll become the transition hunter!:laugh:
I dont care personally if he had any, I loved it!

futureidol

On the Ice
Johnny was fantastic wasn't he? He rocked last night :love: Yes, he doesn't have difficult transitions into his jumps in the SP (the jumps were still great), but neither does Lysacek, that's probably why Abbott placed higher than them. I heard Johnny is working on his transitions in his FS, so we shall see Sunday. I'm sure he'll improve the beginning of his SP once he earns his spot on the US team.

futureidol

On the Ice
I looked at the protocols yesterday and I don't agree with them. I also think judge #8, a judge from the SOUTH might have had an issue with Johnny's program for it's flamboyance perhaps. All his PCS for Johnny are too low (the transition score was a joke from him, 3.75, that's ridiculous), so Johnny should have been a point or two higher in those scores. Also I agree with a poster earlier that Abbott's posture was bad and to me personally he looked more awkward than usual, also his Lutz was a little tight. I'm not saying Weir deserves to be in first, but perhaps his score could have been an 85 say, and Lysacek should be in 3rd with his score remaining the same.

Jemy

Rinkside
Thank you very much for the link, Jemy :thumbsup:

I bet the video will be removed from youtube soon.

I love Johnny and was glad to bring this link. I read the forum, but I can not speak, because I have very bad English.
Thank you all for discussion on that topic. :laugh:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I read the forum, but I can not speak, because I have very bad English.
Jemy, but we need you here. Like right now, you could share your opinion reg Johnny's SP marks, with us. After a year or so on the board your English will improve drastically, I promise. You could also learn some standard sentences, like: wuzrobbed, can't f believe it, way to go!, congrats to the winners, bad posture, crossovers much?, edge call, that's my boy, - and use them randomly, until then.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I love Johnny and was glad to bring this link. I read the forum, but I can not speak, because I have very bad English.
Thank you all for discussion on that topic. :laugh:
Pff, most of us non-English speakers make embarrassing mistakes - no reason not to post! Post please - the more, the merrier!