Senior Mens SP | Golden Skate

Senior Mens SP

reynycpr

On the Ice
Didn't see this posted yet I don't think, so here we go....

Championship Mens Short Program Start Order

Warmup Group 1
1 Wesley Campbell, Nashville FSC
2 Johnny Weir, SC of New York Inc
3 Douglas Razzano, Coyotes SC of Arizona
4 Parker Pennington, Winterhurst FSC
5 Jeremy Abbott, Detroit SC

Warmup Group 2
6 Michael Solonoski, SC of New York Inc
7 Ryan Bradley, Broadmoor SC
8 Jonathan Cassar, Detroit SC
9 Alexander Johnson, Braemar-City of Lakes FSC
10 Keegan Messing, Alaska Assoc of Figure Skaters
11 Grant Hochstein, St Clair Shores FSC

Warmup Group 3
12 Stephen Carriere, Skating Club of Boston
13 Shaun Rogers, SC of Wilmington Inc
14 Dennis Phan, All Year FSC
15 Daniel Raad, Park FSC
16 Richard Dornbush, All Year FSC
17 Evan Lysacek, DuPage FSC

Warmup Group 4
18 Brandon Mroz, Broadmoor SC
19 Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Washington FSC
20 Andrew Gonzales, All Year FSC
21 Adam Rippon, SC of New York Inc
22 Jason Wong, Skating Club of Boston
23 Tommy Steenberg, SC of Northern Virginia

Last edited:

futureidol

On the Ice
Why oh why are Johnny and Jeremy in the first group? I hate the random draw. Oh well Johnny usually does well when he skates early.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Well Johnny and Jeremey got a bad draw. They are going to have to kill it even though the whole holding back good score thing is more of a 6.0 cheat.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Oh dear Johnny is 2nd...Lysacek 17th.

Well thank GOD we're not under 6.0 anymore...this might have been a nightmare if it were.

Let's not forget Lysacek was the FIRST skater last year...

BTW - anyone notice that Prisccilla Hill has 2 in a row? Carriere (12) and Rogers (13).

Last edited:

herro

On the Ice
Hey guys, I have a question about the new scoring system.

I'm familiar with the importance of skating order under the 6.0 system, but what role does order play now? Do you think judges still (maybe from habit or subconsciously) hold better scores for skaters who skate last? I'm assuming no, since it hasn't been brought up before, but I was wondering if anyone had more definite things to say about it.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Hey guys, I have a question about the new scoring system.

I'm familiar with the importance of skating order under the 6.0 system, but what role does order play now? Do you think judges still (maybe from habit or subconsciously) hold better scores for skaters who skate last? I'm assuming no, since it hasn't been brought up before, but I was wondering if anyone had more definite things to say about it.

Well the scores are supposed to stand for themselves, no matter who the skater is and no whater when and where they are skating. But as we saw at Russian Nationals etc, the new judging system can greatly vary on the circumstances. Generally, skaters later in the event have better shot at placing above ones that skate before hand, but the disadvantage/advantage is a lot less than under 6.0 where if you were in the first two warm up groups--or generally any slot before the favorite you would not get great scores, however well deserved.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's not forget Lysacek was the FIRST skater last year...

Yes, and Jeremy Abbott was the 2nd skater of the night last year and Abbott finished 1st and Lysacek finished 2nd after the SP. Why are some people freaking out over skate order and judges' scoring in the SP? I think PCS robbery comes more into play in the LP depending on how they all do in the SP. If a skater has a bad SP and ends up skating early in the LP, but skates well in the LP, then we will notice the PCS robbery coming into play . . . that's how it usually plays out.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We'll see. There are at least planned quads, I will wager.

But I sincerely doubt Evan will do a quad here. Or Johnny.

OTOH, the guys seeking that elusive third spot are likely to throw one. That would perhaps include Rogers, Bradley, perhaps Messing?, and Mroz.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
We'll see. There are at least planned quads, I will wager.

But I sincerely doubt Evan will do a quad here. Or Johnny.

Not in the SP. I expect a quad from Jeremey in the Free, I don't think Johnny is even practicing quads anymore, and as for Evan...I woudl not count on it.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I don't think the order matters, Alissa was one of the first to skate her SP at nationals last year and was in 1st place by 5 points, Rachael was 2nd and skated last, so really I wouldn't worry.

Ryan's doing a quad in the SP right?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think Johnny is even practicing quads anymore.

On the contrary, I have seen articles stating that Johnny is training the quad should he decide to add it in for Vancouver. I think it's on the back burner right now, but I think after Nationals, he may decide to train it more for inclusion in the LP should he make the Olympic team.

futureidol

On the Ice
Exactly right museksk8r, Johnny will add the quad if he makes it to Vancouver, but he has indeed been training it all season.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I have to find the article but I have heard that Johnny has been more consistent with it as well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Can't wait for it to start so I can cheer on Jonathan, Keegan ( :rock: ), Ryan and Evan! :love:

and I soooooooooooo wish I were in Spokane tonight...

Last edited: