Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens SP

Custom Title
    I'm actually waiting for the detailed score reports. Did the pairs report come out relatively fast after the SP ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    did Ryan make the final flight? Is it 5 or 6?
    Yes, he did. There will be one warm up of 5 followed by 3 warm ups of 6. Mroz is currently 10th, so he will skate in the 3rd flight.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    museksk8r - could you perhaps sort the skaters you're cheering for alphabetically? I find this so confusing, and always have to go through the entire list in order to find out if you are a fan of skaterX.
    Sure, I'm cheering for:
    Jeremy Abbott
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh
    Adam Rippon
    Johnny Weir

Of course, I don't want anyone to do badly, but I'm cheering for those 4 the most!

Protocols are up for the Mens' SP!

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...0/results.html

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    I'm so happy for Johnny! Him and Evan are practically tied for 2nd after the SP. Johnny should be ahead IMO because he skated clean and was just better (his PCS should have been a point or 2 higher). Of course everyone gets inflated scores except Weir. I hope he rocks the FS and reclaims that title, but is that even possible with these judges? Oh well among the top 3 it's anyone's game to win on Sunday.
    Last edited by futureidol; 01-16-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Custom Title
    The GOEs for Evan are actually very high. Better than Jeremy's I think in average.

I know it shouldn't matter, but maybe if Johnny'd play the game and not be all team Russia in an olympic year, it might help the USFSA feel better having him be their top male skater lol

after 2006 and teh backlash he got because of the dumb jacket fiasco

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I know it shouldn't matter, but maybe if Johnny'd play the game and not be all team Russia in an olympic year, it might help the USFSA feel better having him be their top male skater lol

Hey Tonichelle, would you mind explaining the whole jacket thing? I didn't start following men's skating until pretty recently.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    i would've given 3s through the board for Jeremy's 3A.

ITA. Sometimes it would suit JW best to close his mouth. However, I believe his PCS in relation to Evan's and Jeremy's was justified by their performances tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    Hey Tonichelle, would you mind explaining the whole jacket thing? I didn't start following men's skating until pretty recently.
    Johnny wore a Team Russia jacket to the practices in the 2006 olympics... media latched onto it... here he was skating for team USA and he was wearing the other team's stuff... it didn't go over very well here in the US.

What's wrong with Americans who love Russia? I love plenty things Russian too. It totally shouldn't matter and shame on the USFSA if they are using something so minute and trivial to hold against Johnny Weir. I hate when skating gets political! I think it's more that the USFSA has a problem with how open Weir is with his comments and his personality. Again, something else that shouldn't be held against him, if that is indeed the case. I don't know, just speculating. I actually like Johnny for his personality, much more so than for his skating, which I still believe is better than Evan Lysacek's any day. Evan's the better competitor - that's his only advantage over Weir and Abbott. Abbott and Weir are the better skaters I think.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-16-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Custom Title
    Johnny wore a Team Russia jacket to the practices in the 2006 olympics... media latched onto it... here he was skating for team USA and he was wearing the other team's stuff... it didn't go over very well here in the US.
    Ouch, I see. Well, I hope he never does anything like that again. I mean, nothing against loving Russia, but as a US delegate and skater... He's too good of a skater to do things that could potentially jeopardize his career.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    What's wrong with Americans who love Russia?
    nothing... but it'd be like Brett Farve still wearing his Packer's jersey even though he now plays for the vikings... seriously... for a few minutes out of your day at least pretend you're part of the team. (or if you don't want to, fine, but quit whining that you don't get backing from the organization you've never truly supported yourself... it's a two way street. you were touted the next big thing for a number of years, and on the biggest stage for skating - in this country - you tout another team. Yeah, people are gonna be ticked. And I refuse to believe you're just that naive to think otherwise.)

Actually he was also seen wearing a CCCP jacket, and CCCP basically represents one of the most repressive and cruel regimes in the history of mankind. I think that CCCP jacket made people more furious than a simple Russia jacket would have.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast