Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens SP

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Because Uni-Sports started early I missed 2/3 of Johnny's skate so I can't really comment on it yet, but Jeremy was fabulous. Hate the music but love Shae-Lynn's choreography. And I was very proud of Armin! Great senior Nats debut!!!!!!!!!!

Adam ...

I have a total blind spot for Evan so no comment on him.

I also want to mention Stephen Carriere's improvement, in spite of the unfortunate errors. In the past I found him workmanlike but he's really learning to perform and I thought he did a great job with the intricate steps. I'm normally sick to death of Carmina Burana but he got me involved - the power-music suited him.

I also enjoyed watching Dennis Phan. He doesn't have the technical difficulty but what beautiful line and musicality.

I only saw what was on Uni-Sports, which wasn't much, alas.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Jeremey, Wow. That was delightful. I am so proud of him. Score and placement well deserved.

Johnny. Well skated. His jumps were not textbook, but he fought for everything and sold it. He did his best, and that was nice to see.

Evan. I think he was very nervous. Another great skate minus the step out. Things could have been a lot worse considering the near collision in the warm-up, the long wait to skate and almost hitting the boards setting up for the axel (did the commentators even notice that?).

Ryan. he blew it. He could have been in first place. Sad to see, but that quad/triple was a thing of beauty.

Adam. I don't get it. How he is in fourth ahead of Armin who had a fabulous skate I just don't see. His axel and 3/3 was very good, but I felt like the choreography looked very generic and somehow I just wasn't impressed with the program like I had been at the GP.

Armin. Nice job! He must be very happy!

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Adam. I don't get it. How he is in fourth ahead of Armin who had a fabulous skate I just don't see. His axel and 3/3 was very good, but I felt like the choreography looked very generic and somehow I just wasn't impressed with the program like I had been at the GP.
    Nice to see that I'm not the only who doesn't get why Adam's SP is so great. There's lots of stroking around and I agree about the choreo being generic. It's nice and pleasant, but I just don't get what others see in this program.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I don't think Adam should have been placed ahead of Armin . . . that was a wrong call on the judges' part. I think Adam got the benefit of the doubt because his resume is more impressive than Armin's.

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Nice to see that I'm not the only who doesn't get why Adam's SP is so great. There's lots of stroking around and I agree about the choreo being generic. It's nice and pleasant, but I just don't get what others see in this program.
    I wasn't too keen on it either. Just throwing that out there!

Lysacek opened with a step out on his triple Axel, but was rock solid from that point forward.

"The only real thing that I have been struggling with this week here is the width of the rink," Lysacek admitted half jokingly. "I got too close to the wall on the Axel, but that happens. I'm big. I have to make sure that I'm not hitting the judges. I think that one of the judges thought that I was going to land on her."

How is the width of this rink any different from any other ice rink that has hosted the US Nationals? Didn't he win Nationals on this same ice in 2007 at Spokane? Lysacek doesn't train on Olympic size ice like the Japanese skaters, does he? What an odd comment/excuse!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-16-2010 at 02:23 PM.

they're all built differently, and just because he had a good nationals there a couple of years ago it doesn't mean he won't crap out this time because of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    How is the width of this rink any different from any other ice rink that has hosted the US Nationals? Didn't he win Nationals on this same ice in 2007 at Spokane? Lysacek doesn't train on Olympic size ice like the Japanese skaters, does he? What an odd comment/excuse!
    Toyota Sports Center has both a Olympic rink and a NHL rink. Freestyle sessions are held in the Olympic rink, so yes he does. Adam seemed to also have a problem with the ice size.

Oh, but come on. That man can never admit that he has made a mistake and that he is responsible for that mistake. Triple Axel underrotated? --> the judges just look at it from the wrong perspective. Edge-call on Flip --> it just seems that way because he holds his foot so and so (I actually forgot what he said exactly about that, but it was definitely not his fault either)

look at his coach's mentality... it's not like he doesn't get fed that in the K&C, too... he probably really believes what he says and isn't just ignoring mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Toyota Sports Center has both a Olympic rink and a NHL rink. Freestyle sessions are held in the Olympic rink, so yes he does. Adam seemed to also have a problem with the ice size.
    But they've had this week in practice and warm-ups to acclimate to the size of this rink . . . it just seems like another cop-out excuse from Evan. But, as Tonichelle says, I think Frank is also to blame for feeding all this into Evan's head. They're both coming across as very big-headed in their comments, which I find very annoying.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    why there is still no video of Johnny 's program?

ice network and NBCUniversal Sports are really good about nailing their stuff on youtube keeping it from being uploaded

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    why there is still no video of Johnny 's program?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4atQjCSHI

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast