Senior Mens SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Senior Mens SP

janetfan

Match Penalty
I love Johnny and was glad to bring this link. I read the forum, but I can not speak, because I have very bad English.
Thank you all for discussion on that topic. :laugh:

Thanks for posting the link. I am not a big Johnny fan - but I have to admit he skated very well and I enjoyed his program.

Post again soon!

champs

Final Flight
Didn't know who Zoe Keating was until I watched Cassar's SP. Sounded like a modern simplified take on Terry Riley and Steve Reich but I enjoyed it alot. Does anyone know if any skater (US or non-US) has skated to her music?

Jemy

Rinkside
Jemy, but we need you here. Like right now, you could share your opinion reg Johnny's SP marks, with us. After a year or so on the board your English will improve drastically, I promise. You could also learn some standard sentences, like: wuzrobbed, can't f believe it, way to go!, congrats to the winners, bad posture, crossovers much?, edge call, that's my boy, - and use them randomly, until then.

Thank you for your kind words :), I can easily read in English, but I'm very hard to write, and sometimes I use the online dictionary.
SP Johnny seems to me brilliant. I am so happy for him, and I very much hope that it will work well on Sunday.
I do not understand what is - "wuzrobbed" and not found in translation.

Oh. I have a video Lysacek. :laugh: (You need it?)
But I'm not sure whether you can watch it here:

http://video.mail.ru/inbox/maryjane93/52/216.html

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I looked at the protocols yesterday and I don't agree with them. I also think judge #8, a judge from the SOUTH might have had an issue with Johnny's program for it's flamboyance perhaps. All his PCS for Johnny are too low (the transition score was a joke from him, 3.75, that's ridiculous), so Johnny should have been a point or two higher in those scores.

I think that judge #8 marked Weir´s "transitions" = lack of them correctly. I just hope that at the Olympics we have judges who have the same courage regarding the PCS of Joubert, Plushenko and other skaters, LOL.

viv

On the Ice
Nice to see that I'm not the only who doesn't get why Adam's SP is so great. There's lots of stroking around and I agree about the choreo being generic. It's nice and pleasant, but I just don't get what others see in this program.

I agree with both of you. I love his skating and his music interpretation, but I also think the choreo a bit dull, and I don't get his music choices this year. Well, I think he would have been fourth anyway...

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I do not understand what is - "wuzrobbed" and not found in translation.

It's "was robbed". Fans use it in situations of glaring injustice, when a skater they like doesn't get the points he clearly deserves. For instance:

"Evgeni Plushenko was robbed again today!", or:
"Patrick Chan's wuzrobbing needs to stop now!"

Tanith taught Evan some nice twizzles!

Jemy

Rinkside
It's "was robbed". Fans use it in situations of glaring injustice, when a skater they like doesn't get the points he clearly deserves. For instance:

"Evgeni Plushenko was robbed again today!", or:
"Patrick Chan's wuzrobbing needs to stop now!"

Thank you very much! Now I understand! :)

Tanith taught Evan some nice twizzles!

:biggrin: