Senior Mens SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Senior Mens SP

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so glad all Evan had was a step out. and there's no way that should have been first, I'm okay with second... though I don't know. Johnny skated so early it's hard for me to say if Evan should be lower or not...

as long as Keegan stays top 10 I'm good.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hm... Evan needed a score cushion going into LP.

He sure got it too. That panel should be ashamed of themselves. Lysacek should be 2-3 points behind Weir, not virtually tied with him in 2nd place.

reynycpr

On the Ice
So Evan was interviewed on Universal and he's trying to figure out why he's about 7 points below his personal best, when his only mistake is a step out on the Axel.

Well, here we go...

His PB was this season at the GPF.

Grand Prix Final: 89.85
(TES: 48.20 PCS: 41.65)

2010 Nationals SP: 83.69
(TES: 44.23 PCS: 39.46)

Without the judges detailed score, its hard to directly dissect and calculate but he took a (-2.19) difference in the PCS mark compared to the GPF and a (-3.97) difference in TES. I wouldn't draw to the conclusion that the -3.97 is in the Axel but maybe he didn't receive as many +GOE as he did in the GPF?

Although, IMHO, I would have Evan 3rd, I just expected him to be first because of the whole "reigning world champion" thing, so it did take me by surprise that he was in 2nd and not 1st.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
mystichaze thank you! :agree::clap:

He sure got it too. That panel should be ashamed of themselves. Lysacek should be 2-3 points behind Weir, not virtually tied with him in 2nd place.

Can't comment on that because I haven't seen a single skate yet.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Evan was interviewed on Universal and he's trying to figure out why he's about 7 points below his personal best, when his only mistake is a step out on the Axel.

Well, here we go...

His PB was this season at the GPF.

Grand Prix Final: 89.85
(TES: 48.20 PCS: 41.65)

2010 Nationals SP: 83.69
(TES: 44.23 PCS: 39.46)

Without the judges detailed score, its hard to directly dissect and calculate but he took a (-2.19) difference in the PCS mark compared to the GPF and a (-3.97) difference in TES. I wouldn't draw to the conclusion that the -3.97 is in the Axel but maybe he didn't receive as many +GOE as he did in the GPF?

Although, IMHO, I would have Evan 3rd, I just expected him to be first because of the whole "reigning world champion" thing, so it did take me by surprise that he was in 2nd and not 1st.

Well, he looked sluggish to me. The speed, ease, and command he had earlier in the season wasn't there tonight. Does anyone know if there was an edge call on the 3flip? Plain and simple, Lysacek's scores were majorly inflated at the GPF, particularly in the LP.

Last edited:

reynycpr

On the Ice
Well, he looked sluggish to me. The speed, ease, and command he had earlier in the season wasn't there tonight. Does anyone know if there was an edge call on the 3flip?

Commentators on Universal didn't mention any edge calls when the scores came up but the detailed judges scores should come up after the end of the SP.. considering it did after the Pairs.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
With the IJS it doesnt matter that Evan is ahead of Johnny. The difference is minute - the FS will decide it all.

herro

On the Ice
thanks!

his choreography and the way he puts a program together...is simply breathtaking.
his exit to the 3A into the spin....he really utilizes the power and importance of dance into the program and character/attitude

I simply love his choreography and flow in this SP. I can go on and on about it. :biggrin:

I especially love the long strides and steps going into the 3A, and the turns and arm movements coming out of it. He's such an accomplished spinner too. Fast and centered.

That Armin is someone to watch out for, huh? I think he can do great things in skating in the future! :thumbsup:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Weird, until Adam Rippon botched his Rippon 3Lutz & then had an awkward fall afterward, I thought for sure he would tie both Evan & Johnny, perhaps even pass both, that's how good this kid is!!!!!!!!!!1:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lissy

Medalist
So, looking at the scores right now, It's pretty easy to figure out who will be on the Olympic team. Jeremy, Evan, and Johnny are the most deserving in my opinion based on both prior results and this weekend.

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
To comment on Jeremy's performance he had the command and the polish that you need to have to perform well and that is one of his strengths. Another nod of approval for the work that Miss Shea-Lynn Bourne did with the choreography on this program as well. I haven't seen any of the other skaters performances posted so this is all that I can say regarding this competition so far.

Trewyn

Medalist
Adam still made fourth? That's good! I was also rooting for him, I can't watch live either. I hope Adam will go to Torino! :love: