Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens SP

so glad all Evan had was a step out. and there's no way that should have been first, I'm okay with second... though I don't know. Johnny skated so early it's hard for me to say if Evan should be lower or not...

as long as Keegan stays top 10 I'm good.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Hm... Evan needed a score cushion going into LP.
    He sure got it too. That panel should be ashamed of themselves. Lysacek should be 2-3 points behind Weir, not virtually tied with him in 2nd place.

So Evan was interviewed on Universal and he's trying to figure out why he's about 7 points below his personal best, when his only mistake is a step out on the Axel.

Well, here we go...

His PB was this season at the GPF.

Grand Prix Final: 89.85
    (TES: 48.20 PCS: 41.65)

2010 Nationals SP: 83.69
    (TES: 44.23 PCS: 39.46)

Without the judges detailed score, its hard to directly dissect and calculate but he took a (-2.19) difference in the PCS mark compared to the GPF and a (-3.97) difference in TES. I wouldn't draw to the conclusion that the -3.97 is in the Axel but maybe he didn't receive as many +GOE as he did in the GPF?

Although, IMHO, I would have Evan 3rd, I just expected him to be first because of the whole "reigning world champion" thing, so it did take me by surprise that he was in 2nd and not 1st.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    mystichaze thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    He sure got it too. That panel should be ashamed of themselves. Lysacek should be 2-3 points behind Weir, not virtually tied with him in 2nd place.
    Can't comment on that because I haven't seen a single skate yet.

Custom Title
    you are welcome!

Custom Title
    Well deserved 4th place by the youngster Armin!!!!!!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    So Evan was interviewed on Universal and he's trying to figure out why he's about 7 points below his personal best, when his only mistake is a step out on the Axel.

Well, here we go...

His PB was this season at the GPF.

Grand Prix Final: 89.85
    (TES: 48.20 PCS: 41.65)

2010 Nationals SP: 83.69
    (TES: 44.23 PCS: 39.46)

Without the judges detailed score, its hard to directly dissect and calculate but he took a (-2.19) difference in the PCS mark compared to the GPF and a (-3.97) difference in TES. I wouldn't draw to the conclusion that the -3.97 is in the Axel but maybe he didn't receive as many +GOE as he did in the GPF?

Although, IMHO, I would have Evan 3rd, I just expected him to be first because of the whole "reigning world champion" thing, so it did take me by surprise that he was in 2nd and not 1st.
    Well, he looked sluggish to me. The speed, ease, and command he had earlier in the season wasn't there tonight. Does anyone know if there was an edge call on the 3flip? Plain and simple, Lysacek's scores were majorly inflated at the GPF, particularly in the LP.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-16-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mystichaze View Post
    That was so fast! Thanks so much mystichaze!

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Well, he looked sluggish to me. The speed, ease, and command he had earlier in the season wasn't there tonight. Does anyone know if there was an edge call on the 3flip?
    Commentators on Universal didn't mention any edge calls when the scores came up but the detailed judges scores should come up after the end of the SP.. considering it did after the Pairs.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mystichaze View Post
    thanks!

his choreography and the way he puts a program together...is simply breathtaking.
    his exit to the 3A into the spin....he really utilizes the power and importance of dance into the program and character/attitude

With the IJS it doesnt matter that Evan is ahead of Johnny. The difference is minute - the FS will decide it all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    thanks!

his choreography and the way he puts a program together...is simply breathtaking.
    his exit to the 3A into the spin....he really utilizes the power and importance of dance into the program and character/attitude
    I simply love his choreography and flow in this SP. I can go on and on about it.

I especially love the long strides and steps going into the 3A, and the turns and arm movements coming out of it. He's such an accomplished spinner too. Fast and centered.

That Armin is someone to watch out for, huh? I think he can do great things in skating in the future!

whoops for Adam...

A real shame about Rippon...

Custom Title
    Weird, until Adam Rippon botched his Rippon 3Lutz & then had an awkward fall afterward, I thought for sure he would tie both Evan & Johnny, perhaps even pass both, that's how good this kid is!!!!!!!!!!1

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast