Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Senior Pairs Short Program

Medalist
    I was at the arena this afternoon and felt that Megan and Craig had a better skate than Annabelle and Cody who were clean but not at all exciting to watch. However, being in the audience, I could not see up close to catch little details as someone who was watching on tv could.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    I was at the arena this afternoon and felt that Megan and Craig had a better skate than Annabelle and Cody who were clean but not at all exciting to watch. However, being in the audience, I could not see up close to catch little details as someone who was watching on tv could.
    how were dube and davison live in comparison to annabelle and cody and megan and craig (apart from the fall and u/r)?

Thrilled for Anabelle and Cody, but I have worries about their LP. I got the very distinct feeling at SC that while the SP's a perfect fit for them, the LP's far too "big" for their style. It's music you need to skate up to and they just didn't do that at SC.

Now, maybe I'm completely wrong about that and they'll surprise me, but I do wonder and am concerned.

Considering everything Megan and Craig's been through the last couple of months, I can't believe they skated as well as they did today. Sure it was rough, but as I really did think we wouldn't be seeing them at all due to the injury...It was pretty good. However...I still don't understand how on earth Megan managed to land that throw. She was so crooked in the air...Just one of those "WOW" moments.

Jess and Bryce looked good today, but I still don't care for this SP for them. It just seems "wrong" for them and I don't know why. Pity about Jess' Sal, but that thing just never really took off. Kurt said she landed a beauty in the warm up too. Guess a case of leaving it on the Warm Up?

Regardless...Tomorrow's going to be fun!!!

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Thrilled for Anabelle and Cody, but I have worries about their LP. I got the very distinct feeling at SC that while the SP's a perfect fit for them, the LP's far too "big" for their style. It's music you need to skate up to and they just didn't do that at SC.

Now, maybe I'm completely wrong about that and they'll surprise me, but I do wonder and am concerned.

I feel the exact same way too! Their SP at all their competitions always worked so well and they could really skate to the music. But the LP this season is a departure from what they've been doing the past few years. I always wondered why they didn't stick to movie music, since it has always worked perfectly for them. I really enjoyed their 'The Notebook' and 'Dr. Zhivago'.

That said, I really hope they'll skate their LP really really well and (hopefully) regain their title. It would be so great for Annabelle to end her career on a high note.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3