Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Senior Original Dance

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar

Senior Original Dance

The senior Original Dance will be the third event of the day today - starting orders are:

1 Rebecca Fowler / Iliya Koreshev BC/YT
    2 Sarah Lysne / Christopher Steeves AB/NT/NU
    3 Sophie Knippel / Benjaman Westenberger CO
    4 Sarah Arnold / Justin Trojek WO
    5 Helene Letourneau / Kevin Boczar EO
    6 Megan Wilson / Marcus Connolly QC
    7 Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill CO
    8 Karen Routhier / Eric Saucke-Lacelle QC
    9 Tarrah Harvey / Keith Gagnon BC/YT
    10 Mylene Girard / Jonathan Pelletier QC
    11 Allie Hann-McCurdy / Michael Coreno EO
    12 Andrea Chong / Guillaume Gfeller QC
    13 Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje NO
    14 Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirier CO
    15 Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir WO

Post any information, results, comments in this thread.

Banned
    Anybody will watch OD? Hope we will have report at this tread.

On the Ice
    Any streaming broadcasting out of American Continent?

I've missed most of it due to Supper and being upstairs and not down here. For those wondering though, we're at the flood for the Final Flight. Sorry no standings or PBP from me, but I have the highest respect for those that do PBP for us.

Custom Title
    Just tuned in in time to catch Girard/Pelletier - coached by DUbreuil Lauzon.

enjoyable Bollywood performance - I think I'd like to see Bollywood as it's own OD theme in the future! Went into 4th (with 5 left to skate), seemed a bit disappointed in their score off their SB

I'm disappointed I missed Ralph/Hill, current leaders, as they impressed the heck out of me last year. Their costumes looked interesting - African theme?
    Last edited by amateur; 01-15-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Custom Title
    Ralph/Hill in first at the flood. The skated a beautifully choreographed African dance. Girard/Pelletier in second with a really fun bollywood number.

Custom Title
    Just at the flood before the last flight.

Kharis and Asher had a wonderful skate. Just beautiful. Reminds me of their Novice and Junior free dances, only better. Currently in 1st.

Tarah and Keith are in 2nd, after a good skate...just very minor issues here and there, but clean. Love the program, and glad someone in Canada is skating to Rankins.

Karen and Eric are in 3rd....had a solid skate.

Mylene and Jonathon are in 4th. Personally, not my favorite program.

Megan and Marcus are in 5th. Looked very good.

Sarah and Justin are in 6th. They skated very well. It was very fast, and very entertaining. Not sure why they were buried in 6th at this point. I hope they keep moving up.

Losing track of the order next, but Helene and Kevin did not have the greatest skate, and Rebecca and Illya were just ok. Sophie and Ben had a personal best, I believe, and I'm forgetting the other team.

Custom Title
    Do these programs get rebroadcast at all? I really really want to see Ralph/Hill

Custom Title
    Allie and Michael have improved a ton this year. The skating is more controlled, less wild, and at the same time very entertaining. He has a wonderful sense of humour. Season's best score, and are ahead of Kharis and Asher.

Custom Title
    kharis and asher beat allie and michael in the OD though...

Custom Title
    Andrea and Guillaume just skated very well. Well suited to their style of skating. They are in 3rd.

Custom Title
    This program (particularly music choice) from Chong Gfeller is all wrong!! oh my....

"Valse a mille temps" by Jacques Brel.... first, how is this folk?? second, a difficult choice for any skater, pretty much too difficult as the music gets progressively faster from early on, positively frantic at the end . Needless to say, they don't skate up to it....
    Really, really ill-advised IMO.
    Last edited by amateur; 01-15-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Custom Title
    Now the fun part... Katelyn and Andrew just laid down an awesome OD... They have improved SO much...huge personal best...57.92 for total of 94.79.

Custom Title
    And Vanessa and Paul are not giving anything away for free. They skated a very fine program. Personally, I think Katelyn and Andrew had more character and maturity in interpreting the program. I also think Katelyn and Andrew had more unison throughout the program. Both programs were difficult and well skated. And the marks: 57.50, for a total of 94.77....they are in second.

Custom Title
    NIce from C/P! They have it easily over W/P, in my opinion.

Their facial expression and such is rather forced - they are too young to pull that convincingly it's more like acting grown-up. But the actual skating, strong and so smooth, good line and flow throughout. Musically sharp. The opening straight line step sequence impressive and set the tone.

W/P expression perhaps more authentic, but skating simply not as strong.

wow they are in 2nd.. I'm surprised (audience seems so too?). But I admit I was a bit distracted during W/P and didn't watch too closely

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast