Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Senior Original Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I am getting very sick of the inflated scores. Yes Virtue and Moir were great. Yes they will win and deserve to. But why must they be so completley untouchable?
    In the Canadian field, they are untouchable. Tracy W. made a remark in the pairs event, that the scores at Nationals should be discounted with 10% to have a feeling about how they would score internationally. And I agree pretty much with that. If you take that off Tessa and Scott's mark of 70, you will end up with a 63, which they beat already this year. And a world slass flawless OD could score 65 in a world competition like WC or OG. So based on that is not inflated with more than it should've. In comparison, Chan's 90 was inflated over the top, that program was not worth 82, bsed on the same logic.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Virtue and Moir are skating as Spanish vampires, right?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...OO46X/610x.jpg
    I love the dress. Is the skirt shorter or longer than the black dress? Also, since I'm not in Canada, i couldnt see it live online, but I get CBC. Are they showing the OD in their broadcast this afternoon?

Custom Title
    1. Is the overscoring consistent, though? I don't think it is. As herios stated, Chan's program wouldn't have scored 10% less than

2. Yes, CBC television is broadcasting the OD today.

Custom Title
    I think V/M are untouchable vis a vis the rest of the Canadian ice dancers, and considering D/S got a 65 for their od at Russian Nationals I think a 70 at Canadian Nationals was only fair. I know they're not supposed to be compared but the 65 was ridiculous and I think the 70 is sort of - look guys, if that's a 65 then I'm sorry, V/M is a 70.

I mean they did a stunning skate. What is the problem with having a stunning score for it?

Yuna got some amazing scores for past skates and some I think are where the whole is less then the sum of the parts, but CoP is all about the sum of the parts. Anyway, V/M were untouchable in this competition, their score ought to say that.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    D/S got a 65 for their od at Russian Nationals I think a 70 at Canadian Nationals was only fair. I know they're not supposed to be compared but the 65 was ridiculous and I think the 70 is sort of - look guys, if that's a 65 then I'm sorry, V/M is a 70.
    If Domina and Shabalin were a 65 at Russian Nationals then Virtue and Mori should be 90.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    If Domina and Shabalin were a 65 at Russian Nationals then Virtue and Mori should be 90.

Thank-you for the laugh. Just imagine if they all would skate as they did at their nationals and the panel would have the nerve to put D/S ahead of V/M in Vancouver...

Regardless of the inflated score, I truly loved V/M's OD. I loved it before but now it's on a new level. I like the new red skirt Tessa is wearing. It also looks shorter than the other skirts. They must have read my posts about Tessa needing to shorten her skirt!! This OD really moved me. It's going to be a fabulous ice dance competition at Vancouver! Good luck to Scott and Tessa!!

Custom Title
    When I look at V/M's FD, I think the goose lift, as cool as it is, is kind of drifting away from the overall choreograph; the new exit makes it better woven into the program, but still not enough. It has something to do with Tess' facial expression I guess, as if saying "look at me" rather than express certain kind of emotion. Also before and after the lift there should be some emotion or something from Scott's side to weave that lift into the program. I think that should be something to work on.

I love the Olympic team, every single one in it! So happy that we got such a strong team!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    herios...never,never,NEVER even joke about D/S being placed above V/M unfairly in Vancouver...I won't be able to sleep for weeks, now...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3