Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Senior Original Dance

Custom Title
    And there are just no words to describe the beauty and perfection that is Scott and Tessa. That may seem like bad grammar, but really, they skate as one. Simply incredible. 70.15 for a total of 114.13

Tessa and Scott...WOWOHWOW!!! So much better than SC, but I still say the ice was waaay too hard that day and more to blame for that OD performance, and love the new dress on Tessa!! If they can skate like that in ...

There's 0,02 points between Weaver/Poje and Crone/Poirer. Sunday afternoon is going to be very interesting!!

Custom Title
    Ralph/Hill were way too good. Shame they were below par in the CD because that was just spectacular and they have what it takes to be major contenders.

Virtue/Moir are so fast, sharp and synchronous. Even with quite a few of the other teams being competitive internationally, they're just on a completely different level.
    Last edited by Kissx3; 01-15-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Custom Title
    And Tessa and Scott just showed why they are Olympic Gold medal favorites! Awesome skate!!!!

Custom Title
    Tessa and Scott were phenomenal.

The inflated scoring really bothers me though. It almost seems disrespectful. I mean, a skater (or team) goes out an does an incredible performance, but they can't really celebrate their score because, although the placement is well deserved, the marks aren't.

Custom Title
    I want Tessa to go back to the black dress. The red is too distracting - distracts attention from Scott, who I think should be highlighted equally in this particular dance.

(Joannie, you should go back to the black dress too! )

Fabulous twizzle sequence! and they nailed the ending. nice.

Does anyone know if this will be rebroadcast on the web? I'd love to see Ralph/Hill....

Custom Title
    Love V/M's skating! The dress is so much better now. They were just perfect!
    Love Katelyne and Andrew's OD too!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post

Does anyone know if this will be rebroadcast on the web? I'd love to see Ralph/Hill....
    Not sure, but hopefully, at the very least, it will be up on you tube.

Custom Title
    After watching that OD from V&M, I would say it's the best OD I've ever seen. Their skating skills, lines, sychroncity, expression are second to none. They deserved those marks........every last one of them!

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Tessa and Scott were phenomenal.

The inflated scoring really bothers me though. It almost seems disrespectful. I mean, a skater (or team) goes out an does an incredible performance, but they can't really celebrate their score because, although the placement is well deserved, the marks aren't.
    true true. their reaction, including marina, just says it all

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I am getting very sick of the inflated scores. Yes Virtue and Moir were great. Yes they will win and deserve to. But why must they be so completley untouchable?

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I am getting very sick of the inflated scores. Yes Virtue and Moir were great. Yes they will win and deserve to. But why must they be so completley untouchable?
    That's why I can never trust Nationals scoring. You really can't tell whether it is an accurate reflection of the skaters or not. (Oddly, J.Nats somehow veers between inflation and super DGing). At any rate, inflation of Canadians isn't as bad as that of the Russian Nats. I can't complain.

V/M winning is a given so I'm not so fussed about their scores. Technically, they ARE untouchable within Canada. I'm far more excited about the battle for 2nd. It's soooo close.

Go V/M, R/H and W/P!

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    That's why I can never trust Nationals scoring. You really can't tell whether it is an accurate reflection of the skaters or not. (Oddly, J.Nats somehow veers between inflation and super DGing). At any rate, inflation of Canadians isn't as bad as that of the Russian Nats. I can't complain.

V/M winning is a given so I'm not so fussed about their scores. Technically, they ARE untouchable within Canada. I'm far more excited about the battle for 2nd. It's soooo close.

Go V/M, R/H and W/P!
    go vanessa and paul!

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    This lift from Weaver and Poje is called The Circumcision:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Cye5B/610x.jpg

Virtue and Moir are skating as Spanish vampires, right?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...OO46X/610x.jpg

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Tessa and Scott were mesmerizing .The red skirt is gorgeous (seems to be slightly shot with black). I don't understand how anyone can be distracted from Scott. I find I have to rip my eyes from one to the other every time I watch them.

I can't get too upset by inflated scores , here. Didn't WP and CP (and others ) have personal bests as well ? Inflation aside, that is the best we've seen them skate this season..But really , Tessa and Scott are at another level.

I found the whole 'Spanish Section' pretty thrilling. WP have come up another notch ,and I think her costume may have been slightly toned down. ( Though with their figures, they can carry more costume than many others ,so it wasn't a major problem to begin with .)

Vanessa's costume was a major improvement. ( Oh please, let's see a similar transformation for the FS). Their expression has really been improved. Honestly, I think the judges must have had a heck of a job to try to decide between those two teams. I just hope none of them had to resort to flipping a coin. I think either team will do us proud. It's a shame there's only a spot for one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast