Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens Short Program

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Not bad. For that content.

Wow... looking at the judges scores... Patrick received over 7 points in bonus alone on non-jumps elements. Level 4 on both foot-work step sequences and Level 4 on all spins.

I have not seen his performance yet so I can't really judge... but something about a SP score of 90+, with no Quad, or 3/3?

Custom Title
    It's way more surprising to me that Chipeur managed to go from a season of pretty much the worst possible international results to probable Olympic competitor. Crazy. And good for him for pulling it together.

It's also really looking like Goldenskate will be down for the entirety of US Nationals and the Olympics, unfortunately.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissx3 View Post
    It's also really looking like Goldenskate will be down for the entirety of US Nationals and the Olympics, unfortunately.
    That's what occurred to me too.

Condolences to Joannie Rochette and her family cosmictears10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    Wow... looking at the judges scores... Patrick received over 7 points in bonus alone on non-jumps elements. Level 4 on both foot-work step sequences and Level 4 on all spins.

I have not seen his performance yet so I can't really judge... but something about a SP score of 90+, with no Quad, or 3/3?
    I agree with the head scratching, I watched the skate but would be interested to hear Kurt and Tracy's commentary on it later

Rinkside
    There's always inflation in national events so 90 pts isn't something really important for me. I'm very impressed by the changes in the choreography which make the program even more difficult. After all his jumps have been done I don't see any crossovers in his program but only transitions and footworks and with speed. Wow!!

Custom Title
    Are there two Vaughn Chipeurs?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post

Jeremy Abbott just got an 87 at US nats with no quad, but he did have a 3/3.I suspect Lysacek's score will be a 90+ and he's not planning a quad. Patrick is good, I think that score is fine, inflated yes, but Cynthia got a huge score too, and Joannie considering she fell. As long as it's inflated across the board it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Patrick's reaction to his score:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...PLbEa/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Ez66O/610x.jpg

The douche is strong with that one.

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Oh c'mon thats uncalled for, if you actually looked at his scores he was gigling at his marks together with Lori Nichol, he knows that mark is inflated he is just trying to have some fun... jeez

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    the word douche doesnt even describe Chan in the least bit....I really don't like the guy but in alot of ways I have to respect his skating...and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Oh c'mon thats uncalled for, if you actually looked at his scores he was gigling at his marks together with Lori Nichol, he knows that mark is inflated he is just trying to have some fun... jeez
    My advice....haters are always gonna hate

I think people are going to be impressed with the improvement on Patrick's axel. The one he did in the short program had air on it - which he has never had before. It looked so easy which is great to see!
    Last edited by i love to skate; 01-16-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Banned
    Wow, calling someone u don't know a douche...that's very classy of you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    the word douche doesnt even describe Chan in the least bit....I really don't like the guy but in alot of ways I have to respect his skating...and that's about it.
    Wow, a Chanhater actually has respect for someone she hates, now, that's just sickening!

Does anyone have the results? Is Shawn in 4th?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast