Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Senior Mens Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Jeremy Abbott just got an 87 at US nats with no quad, but he did have a 3/3.I suspect Lysacek's score will be a 90+ and he's not planning a quad. Patrick is good, I think that score is fine, inflated yes, but Cynthia got a huge score too, and Joannie considering she fell. As long as it's inflated across the board it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
    In other news, Canada officially renamed itself to Zimbabwe.

Medalist

2010 Canadian/U.S Nationals - Men's SP (Step Sequence)

2010 Canadian/U.S Nationals - Men's SP

Step Sequence (1.8, 2.3, 3.3, 3.9 + up to 3 pts for GOE)

Patrick Chan

SlSt4 3.9 (2.83+) = 6.73
    CiSt4 3.9 (2+) = 5.90

SlSt4 + CiSt4 = 12.63

PCS=42.42

Vaughn Chipeur

SeSt3 3.3 + 0.33 = 3.63
    CiSt2 2.3 + 0.33 = 2.63

Joey Russell

SeSt3 3.30 + 0.58 = 3.88
    SlSt3 3.30 + 0.58 = 3.88

Jeremy Abbot

CiSt3 3.30 1.29
    SlSt3 3.30 0.86

PCS=40.30

Evan Lysacek

CiSt3 3.30 1.00
    SlSt3 3.30 0.86

PCS=39.46

Johnny Weir

CiSt3 3.30 0.86
    SlSt3 3.30 1.00

PCS=38.19

Custom Title
    anybody finding videos anywhere?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    anybody finding videos anywhere?
    Patrick Chan's short programme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2HsSV0QxQ

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flesymtuobayzarc View Post
    Patrick Chan's short programme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2HsSV0QxQ
    Did the deserve over 90? I don't think so. a 3/2, hand down on the flip...He even missed the end of the music. At least the U.S scores are not that inflated.

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Did the deserve over 90? I don't think so. a 3/2, hand down on the flip...He even missed the end of the music. At least the U.S scores are not that inflated.
    I agree with you. I just watched the program and that was not a 90 IMO.

Custom Title
    thank you so much for the link!!!

I must admit - a) I love Chan's skating a lot; b) i love this program, c) not 90 at all, d) won't contend internationally without a 3x3 (not to mention the hand down on the flip is a problem too)

That said - still loved watching it - and thanks again. I know we should take one season at a time, but I hate to think he might retire this year.

I don't think anyone is saying that he deserved 90. He even said he didn't deserve it - he said it was just like the marking Pushenko got at Russian Nationals.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    he said it was just like the marking Pushenko got at Russian Nationals.
    again this is one of the things that is absolutely true but better not mentioned in interviews, you dont need to justify your high marks by the high marks of another skater in another competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    again this is one of the things that is absolutely true but better not mentioned in interviews, you dont need to justify your high marks by the high marks of another skater in another competition.
    But he's not trying to justify high marks. He's pointing out that he was inflated, gave a specific example of where another nation does the same thing (which is undeniably true) and says he expects other competitors to know this and shrug it off.

He was not justifying them. Here is the quote:

That’s Toronto skater Patrick Chan, the two-time defending national gold medallist whose tires were pumped more than a little bit by the judging panel at the Canadian figure skating championships Friday. It was reminiscent of the job.

“I’ll be honest. It was a bit like Plushenko,” said Chan, who scored an unbelievable 90.14 points and is well clear of second-place Vaughn Chipeur, the Edmonton kid who wowed the crowd with a clean short skate and still drew only 78.87. “I’m sure the other skaters are shaking their heads, thinking the same thing.”

“Oh, of course. I think anyone would have it written on their face,” he said. “I didn’t have a triple-triple. That’s kind of juniorish. I was a bit disappointed (in himself).”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...741/story.html

Isn't he simply saying what everyone was saying - that inflation occurs at all nationals?

The Bad...

The score. Obviously so not a 90 skate and had me saying a certain four letter word loud enough for my Mother to hear and we'll leave what happened after that here in this house...

Not kidding about that either and it takes an awful lot for me to say that particular word. Leave to skating judges to provide that.

Jeremy in the KnC. Poor kid. I wanted to reach through the screen and give him a hug.

The Good

That axel of Patrick's was a thing of sweetness. As someone else already said, it had air time to spare and that's never been something Patrick's had w/his axels before. My jaw literally dropped when I saw that.

Thrilled for Joey and Vaughn!!!

Tomorrow's going to be interesting to say the least.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    He was not justifying them. Here is the quote:
    you are right, its ok, i didnt have the quote of his.

But it is always about Plushenko, everybody uses this exampleHe could have used Voronov with 95 or Domnina/Shabalin..just saying

Custom Title
    you are right, its ok, i didnt have the quote of his.

But it is always about Plushenko, everybody uses this exampleHe could have used Voronov with 95 or Domnina/Shabalin..just saying
    Agreed. The fact that he went for Plushenko again is something worth noting. I think part of it is that Chan lost the chance to compete with him in CoR. And part of it is just that Chan doesn't like his style of skating, and feels the need to remind us.

And also, we go for it here simply because it's 100 in a short program.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Agreed. The fact that he went for Plushenko again is something worth noting. I think part of it is that Chan lost the chance to compete with him in CoR. And part of it is just that Chan doesn't like his style of skating, and feels the need to remind us.

And also, we go for it here simply because it's 100 in a short program.
    He's pointing it out probably because people and the media made such a big deal about Plushenko's inflated scores. All he said is that it happened to him too. Also, Patrick looks up to Plushenko a great deal, he used to be his idol, and when he uses Dartfish he uses Plushenko's quad to compare his to.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast