Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 76 to 86 of 86

Thread: Senior Mens Short Program

  1. #76
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    I think it was a very smart and nice of Chan to say how unreliable the scores were. He knows that it is not a true indicator of his performance and that is nice to see. Plushenko on the other hand...somehow I get the feeling that he thinks he deserved 100 points.

  2. #77
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    I dont remember an interview saying it was his idol, I remember a video and the journalist saying,'what about Plushenko, he was your idol right" and chan smiled saying "well, yes and him also" he was like "now how can I deny it if you say it first"

    it was just an observation, nothing wrong with patrickI know he studies the Plushquad.I wonder why he doesnt study Kurts, who must be his true idol

    Plushenko on the other hand...somehow I get the feeling that he thinks he deserved 100 points.
    Plushy is the evil, right?Except for the fact of a dozen interviews after russian nationals and Plushenko saying pretty much what patrick said, thanx to judges for bonus, it is nationals, I skated much less than this, he evaluated himself 2.5 -3 out of 5, if 5 was a perfect performance. All interviews in plushy thread
    Last edited by seniorita; 01-16-2010 at 03:14 PM.

  3. #78
    Rink Rat i love to skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I dont remember an interview saying it was his idol, I remember a video and the journalist saying,'what about Plushenko, he was your idol right" and chan smiled saying "well, yes and him also" he was like "now how can I deny it if you say it first"

    it was just an observation, nothing wrong with patrickI know he studies the Plushquad.I wonder why he doesnt study Kurts, who must be his true idol
    Well he has said this before:
    “I think I’m really blessed to have that chance to compete against a past Olympic champion because a lot of the time they retire after winning. That would be really cool, icing on the cake. I’m excited to see him. I’m excited to compete against him. He’s a great competitor. I really looked up to him when I was young and still I look up to him. It will be interesting to see his program change. He’s changing a lot of his program already since [Russia].”

    There isn't as much video evidence of Kurt's. That probably has something to do with it.

  4. #79
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    thank you, nice quote
    the other thing i described was a funny video, as I said nothing wrong with that

  5. #80
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    In other news, Canada officially renamed itself to Zimbabwe.


    Then I guess Russia would have to be the Weimar Republic.

  6. #81
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I think it was a very smart and nice of Chan to say how unreliable the scores were. He knows that it is not a true indicator of his performance and that is nice to see. Plushenko on the other hand...somehow I get the feeling that he thinks he deserved 100 points.
    I think it was a few of Plushy's fans who thought he deserved such a high score.

    Plushy himself made realistic comments about his score at Natls.
    Last edited by janetfan; 01-17-2010 at 11:14 AM.

  7. #82
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,952
    Well, Patrick's 90 doesn't seem nearly as ridiculous as Joannie's 144, even Yuna doesn't get FS scores THAT high. Canadian scoring is SUPER inflated.

  8. #83
    Rink Rat i love to skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Well, Patrick's 90 doesn't seem nearly as ridiculous as Joannie's 144, even Yuna doesn't get FS scores THAT high. Canadian scoring is SUPER inflated.
    It has already been said that Nationals scores are 10% inflated. So without the inflation that program would have scored 129 or 130. She scored around 127 at the Japan Open and she had a mistake there. Therefore, taking away the 10% inflation the score it is pretty much spot on.

  9. #84
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I think it was a few of Plushy's fans who thought he deserved such a high score.
    Right. All his fans actually felt the 100,9 it was not the right score, he deserved 101. So Plush wuzrobbed for sure.

  10. #85
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Right. All his fans actually felt the 100,9 it was not the right score, he deserved 101. So Plush wuzrobbed for sure.
    Quoting me out of contest is like "cheating."
    For some strange reason you chose to ignore my next comment:

    "Plushy himself made realistic comments about his score at Natls."

    Was that comment so bad or far from the truth? It was not a "bot" comment but pretty fair and actually supported Plushy.

  11. #86
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    I was just quoting this part cause this part was funny. Not a single fan of Plush thought the 100 was a deserved score, how did that come from?
    and the way i replied, I suppose it showed i was joking. Unless you believe that I thought plush wuzrobbed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •