8 Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers SK

9 Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall NS
    10 Meagan Duhamel / Craig Buntin QC
    11 Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison QC
    12 Anabelle Langlois / Cody Hay QC

Custom Title
    5 minutes to go...

Custom Title
    Noemie Arseneault / Simon-Pierre Côté: feed froze, but nothing great so far. The beginning was all right. Very low double twist. Fall on a throw. Slow. Poor unison on spins.

73.83/116.18

Custom Title
    Monica Pisotta / Michael Stewart CO: loud cheers for them. More flair and speed, plus an attempt at musicality. Couple URs/two footing/singling jumps. Surprised they landed the first throw - very little height/distance to my eyes.

81.38/126.17; 1st

Custom Title
    Kaleigh Hole / Adam Johnson WO - also loud cheers. Lovely skaters with loads of potential. Botched combo (he landed... technically maybe the first jump but didn't go for the second, she was clean). Balance lift pretty cool. Programs builds very well and they keep my interest - the throw salchow was a beauty, imo. Also great entry into double twist. Botched unison on spins.

97.20/143.20 - there was a deduction, presumably for the jump (a fall, both hands down on ice).

Custom Title
    Thanks for the pbp. I just missed Hole and Johnson, glad to hear they did well!

Custom Title
    Jade-Savannah Godin / Andrew Evans QC: Skating to Turnadot is a risk for any pairs skater, imo. Not bad, but underwhelming all the same. I'd have them behind H/J in this segment

Evans thinks he smells weird (in the KnC). Talking about changes to make for next year (I always enjoy hearing skaters discuss this impromptu)

79.87/126.13; 3rd place.

Custom Title
    What if...every time I see Annabell Langlois skating with her new partner (Hay) and Craig Buntin skating with his new partner (Duhamel), only because I remember them skating with their previous partners, I wonder what if... Annabell and Buntin had teamed up three years ago. I am certain they would be world champions now and really challenging for the 2010 Olympic Podium. I am not an insider so I don't know what the backroom stories and chemistry would have been. I have no idea if this was every considered. But I do wander and wish I could have seen them as a pair because I think each of them are such beautiful and strong skaters and they would have made an awesome pair. And as we all know, pairing is everything in pair skating. But who am I to say? I just wonder...and see where this thread would take us.