Senior Pair Free | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Pair Free

Kissx3

Final Flight
It doesn't really bother me but I agree that Paige's vocal cues were pretty loud/noticeable.

i love to skate

Medalist
I'm really excited to see the great young talent we have coming up in Pairs :clap: I'm very excited to see the final flight.

ETA: GREAT segment on the dangers of Pair skating. Best quote, "they also have to have a bit of insanity". All the male skaters commented that the girls are crazy and have to be a bit nuts to do that job ;)

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Okay, they need to stop showing Dube/Davison's 4CC accident. I barely stomached it before and I never saw the blood. If all extant copies of that footage could be burned/deleted, I'd be happy (though I know Davison mentioned that he watched it over and over again to help himself get over it. Still. I'm squeamish).

ETA: GREAT segment on the dangers of Pair skating. Best quote, "they also have to have a bit of insanity". All the male skaters commented that the girls are crazy and have to be a bit nuts to do that job ;)

Agreed. They're all slightly nuts.

Kissx3

Final Flight
That was the bloodiest version I've ever seen of the accident as well. You wouldn't know there was so much gore from any of the previous clips.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall NS: She fell on the sbs 2a, so they left out the sequence. She two-footed the first sbs 3t (maybe UR), but the second fall was deflating. The program lost a bit of it's charm (and I adore this program). Good lifts though.

106.68/167.01; 1st

figuristka

Medalist
Iam not getting this live but i would hate to be a skater standing waiting to get on the ice and seeing that on a nearby camera.

i love to skate

Medalist
D/B drive me nuts! They have been together for three years and they are still so rough! Their lifts are always a fight - I thought she was going to fall from two of them in this program! Clean program except he fell on the double axel. Bunch of other scratchy landings. She might have put her foot down on one of the the throws as well - I could be wrong on that though.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Meagan Duhamel / Craig Buntin QC: Fall on the 2a (him). She fights so much it's incredible. She manages to land stuff that most skaters would pop/fall on. Great second lift.

I think pairs is where I feel the pain of someone missing out with only two spots. With dance, all three teams are young - they could be around for Sochi or even 2018, so it'll suck, but they're the future. With pairs - I don't see any of the top three around in 2014 (maybe D/D, but even them, I'm curious about).

109.80/172.18; 1st

i love to skate

Medalist
D/D are both in tears. That was an amazing performance. I started to cry two seconds into the program with that breath that they both take. Everythng perfect except for a hand down on the triple lutz. These two deserve it more than anyone else. What a moment for them....that will be one to remember I think. Canadian champions right there!!!!! :love:

mystichaze

On the Ice
Wow sounds like D/D really delivered an emotional performance! I cant wait to see this program!

Last edited: