7 Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch WO
8 Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers SK

9 Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall NS
10 Meagan Duhamel / Craig Buntin QC
11 Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison QC
12 Anabelle Langlois / Cody Hay QC

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Noemie Arseneault / Simon-Pierre Côté: feed froze, but nothing great so far. The beginning was all right. Very low double twist. Fall on a throw. Slow. Poor unison on spins.

73.83/116.18

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Monica Pisotta / Michael Stewart CO: loud cheers for them. More flair and speed, plus an attempt at musicality. Couple URs/two footing/singling jumps. Surprised they landed the first throw - very little height/distance to my eyes.

81.38/126.17; 1st

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Kaleigh Hole / Adam Johnson WO - also loud cheers. Lovely skaters with loads of potential. Botched combo (he landed... technically maybe the first jump but didn't go for the second, she was clean). Balance lift pretty cool. Programs builds very well and they keep my interest - the throw salchow was a beauty, imo. Also great entry into double twist. Botched unison on spins.

97.20/143.20 - there was a deduction, presumably for the jump (a fall, both hands down on ice).

Scout

Final Flight
Thanks for the pbp. I just missed Hole and Johnson, glad to hear they did well!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Jade-Savannah Godin / Andrew Evans QC: Skating to Turnadot is a risk for any pairs skater, imo. Not bad, but underwhelming all the same. I'd have them behind H/J in this segment

Evans thinks he smells weird (in the KnC). Talking about changes to make for next year (I always enjoy hearing skaters discuss this impromptu)

79.87/126.13; 3rd place.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Now:

1 Kaleigh Hole / Adam Johnson 143.20
2 Monica Pisotta / Michael Stewart 126.17
3 Jade-Savannah Godin / Andrew Evans 126.13
4 Noemie Arseneault / Simon-Pierre Côté 116.18

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Anne-Marie Giroux / Eric Radford QC: She took a hard fall on sbs 3s. Quite a pretty program that seems to suit them very well (first time seeing this team, and most of the teams, actually). Lovely spiral sequence. She doubled the throw loop. Love the music - I will definitely be looking for it (from the movie Kikujiro)

89.51/138.26; 2nd

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Brittany Jones / Kurtis Gaskell WO: There's speed, there's attack, and then there's reckless, and these guys feel reckless. Need a great deal of refinement, but they've got guts, that's for damn sure. Scared the hell out of me, though. Clearly finished ahead of the music. I don't like the fact that coaches can shout directions from the sidelines (during the sbs spins). Crazy entries into those lifts. Fall on the first throw (so much speed). The general feeling I get watching these guys is that I half expect him to launch her into the audience, or to have a crazy fall. Will be interesting to watch them grow (she's 13, he's 19.)

84.52/133.63; 3rd place

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch WO: Loudest cheers thus far. Pretty much same response as Skate Canada. Technical tricks very exciting. Lifts still crazy awesome. Need more refinement and loads more expression. Made some changes (entry to the combo spin is more fluid, I found; different ending pose, couple other minor changes). If they attack their programs any more vigorously, there would be bloodshed.

105.67/160.13; in 1st.

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch 54.46+105.67=160.13
2 Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers 58.22+99.34=157.56
3 Kaleigh Hole / Adam Johnson 46.00+97.20=143.20
4 Anne-Marie Giroux / Eric Radford 48.75+89.51=138.26
5 Brittany Jones / Kurtis Gaskell 49.11+84.52=133.63
6 Monica Pisotta / Michael Stewart 44.79+81.38=126.17
7 Jade-Savannah Godin / Andrew Evans 46.26+79.87=126.13
8 Noemie Arseneault / Simon-Pierre Côté 42.35+73.83=116.18

1 group to go:
Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall
Megan Duhamel / Craig Buntin
Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison
Anabelle Langlois / Cody Hay

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers SK: So much better than their GP performance. Fall on the sbs 3 toe (her), iffy landings on a couple jumps (the 2a-2t combination was out of sync, but landed), but faster, more confident, more with the music. Still corny as hell (it's about a vampire hunter, so it's bound to be.) but that was a solid skate.

99.34/157.56; in 2nd place.

Scout

Final Flight
Brittany & Kurtis, Paige&Rudi, Hole&Johnson, Kirsten&Dylan all showed really good skating and potential for the second (or first) flight, even if there were some mistakes. Very exciting competition, and great promise for the future!

Last edited: