Senior Pair Free | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Pair Free

i love to skate

Medalist
Wow sounds like D/D really delivered an emotional performance! I cant wait to see this program!

It was one of those programs where you could hear a pin drop - the audience was just in awe and then exploded at the end. Both of them were in tears. I am still shaking - it was THAT good. The best triple twist they have ever done as well!!

ETA: I think Annabelle and Cody are going to get that second spot! Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
awww. So happy for Jessica and Bryce. I can't wait to see this program!

jettasian

Match Penalty
So the 2nd team auto go to Olympic? I thought they won't know until later on??

Also, if the 2nd team can't compete at the last minute (i.e. falls ill), can the 3rd team go?

Scout

Final Flight
anabelle and cody should beat mylene and john in the fs....which would put them in 2nd, i think

Shaba22

Final Flight
RESULTS

1 Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison 62.87+135.40=198.27
2 Anabelle Langlois / Cody Hay 65.47+117.95=183.42
3 Meagan Duhamel / Craig Buntin 62.38+109.80=172.18
4 Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall 60.33+106.68=167.01
5 Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch 54.46+105.67=160.13
6 Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers 58.22+99.34=157.56
7 Kaleigh Hole / Adam Johnson 46.00+97.20=143.20
8 Anne-Marie Giroux / Eric Radford 48.75+89.51=138.26
9 Brittany Jones / Kurtis Gaskell 49.11+84.52=133.63
10 Monica Pisotta / Michael Stewart 44.79+81.38=126.17
11 Jade-Savannah Godin / Andrew Evans 46.26+79.87=126.13
12 Noemie Arseneault / Simon-Pierre Côté 42.35+73.83=116.18

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It was one of those programs where you could hear a pin drop - the audience was just in awe and then exploded at the end. Both of them were in tears. I am still shaking - it was THAT good. The best triple twist they have ever done as well!!

ETA: I think Annabelle and Cody are going to get that second spot! Fingers crossed.

Yeah, that triple twist was STUNNING - I didn't know they had that in them (even their double twist at 08 worlds wasn't as high or controlled). Right then I was convinced they would win.

Langlois/Hays skated all right. I think they did enough, but it'll be close. As you mentioned, D/B are rougher - L/H have quite a clean line.

117.95/183.42; 2nd place.

MissCleo

On the Ice
I'm a ball of mess right now, feeling devastated for D/B and estatic for L/H. I've been rooting for Langlois for a very long time, I am glad that she gets to go to the Olympics again!

:love: D/D had a very beautiful moment today, very much like sale/pelletier Congratulations! :clap: If they have this moment again in Vancouver, they may medal.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yeah, that triple twist was STUNNING - I didn't know they had that in them (even their double twist at 08 worlds wasn't as high or controlled). Right then I was convinced they would win.

Looking forward to watch that :clap:

Langlois/Hays skated all right. I think they did enough, but it'll be close. As you mentioned, D/B are rougher - L/H have quite a clean line.
117.95/183.42; 2nd place.

Why just allright? It wasn't that close to D/B. Anyway thanks a lot for your comments :yes:

Hurrah for Annabelle and Cody too :rock:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
By the way, not crazy about Jessical Dube's hair style...makes her look so old....

I think that is almost the point..the program is The Way We Were, its like remembering your youth once you are older.

So happy for Annabelle and Cody, what a great olympic team.
:rock::rock::clap::clap:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
snowflake, I guess I just didn't love them the way I had hoped to post-
"Fascination." I think Cody fades into the background a bit too much. He's worked on his expression and the difference isn't as intense as say, the Ukranian pair V/M. But also keep in mind that Dube/Davison skated about as well as they did, if not better, at worlds 08 after I had pretty much written them off (yes, I'm an idiot. I also wrote of Chipeur and Joubert and Wier and my dog Skip....), so L/H were definitely a come down.

As for the "it'll be close" comment, well, refer back to the "I'm an idiot" part. I thought it would be closer.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
For a combination, the base values of the jump are simply added together and you have the base value of the combo. For a sequence, the sum of the base values is than multiplied by a factor of 0.8, on the basis that sequences are easier than combos and shouldn't be worth as much.